Young guitarist and his soloproject: orchestral/electricguitar/classical

Braincheese

• Members

Hi, I'm a 17 year old composer and guitarist from Sweden; I'm atm recording my first orchestral song with electric guitar (I've already composed a couples but haven't got the time to record all of them).

This is an UNMIXED and prerecorded sample of what it'll sound like:

http://www.myspace.com/bcbrain

The song is called Jason prerecordings

And the final song will be about ~3-4min long.

I'm playing the guitar, the rest is computer samples.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!!

Love

/Fred

• Members

I thought it was pretty effective. The musical content well outweighed the guitar pyrotechnics -- important to me. I thought there seemed a good feel for melodic invention in the basic piece. Sometimes the guitar tricks seemed to lead that instrument away from the music but that's come to be expected, I suppose, with old school guitar instrumentals.

Love to hear the finished piece!

I listened to "Back to 17th," too. There seem to be some pretty cool compositional moves in there but the right hand arpeggios seem pretty relentless. It seemed to echo something vaguely familiar from the 19th century... Grieg, perhaps?

• Members

Thanks alot for the comments!

Those are all the recordings I have done I'm afraid, more will definatley come! It's just a matter of recording time seeing almost all works are done.. they are in Sib5 format. :p

Yea, I love Beethoven. Beethoven, Sibelius, Bach and Carl Nielsen are my main classical influences.

Damn if I sound like Grieg, I dislike most of his music! Way too cheesy (but I know I'm abit cheesy too, but my symphonies sound more like Beethoven). Even if his music is great (I tend to see music in 2 different ways, what I think personally and what I think generally, if you know what I mean!) hehe! :)

But thanks anyhow! :)

I tried to make that piece melodic. It's a tribute to shred guitarist Jason Becker (but nowadays he have ALS (which pyralize his body) and is composing beutifull classical music!); but still the music feels more important than the shred, but that doesn't mean I could put some crazy stuff into it. :)

Thanks again guys! Really really appreciate it! :)

[edit]

Oh yea, forgive me if my English is bad, I'm from Sweden .. ehe :)

• Members

I listened to "Back to 17th," too. There seem to be some pretty cool compositional moves in there but the right hand arpeggios seem pretty relentless. It seemed to echo something vaguely familiar from the 19th century... Grieg, perhaps?

I say it is in the same vein and the same style as the 3rd movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata.

• Members

Not to get too far off topic, you'd asked about the guitar piece, but I'm curious about Back to 17th and other classical work, particularly since you have only been playing piano for a year, is that a live recording or is done with midi/synth?

Regardless of the answer, I'm still impressed.

KAC

• Members

Not to get too far off topic, you'd asked about the guitar piece, but I'm curious about Back to 17th and other classical work, particularly since you have only been playing piano for a year, is that a live recording or is done with midi/synth?

Regardless of the answer, I'm still impressed.

KAC

I'm afraid it's a midi/synth. But when I wrote it I didn't write it on the computer, so wrote note by note down from what I had in my head. So I actually have it on written paper! :)

I can play it but abit sloppy, but it really doesn't matter. The feeling is what's imporant!

Thanks alot guys! Appreciate all your comments!!

@ Devery: thats actually the piece I heard when I wanted to write this piece! =)

Oh yea, and what do you think about the song Cathedral? It's not trying to be experimental, but more like something for me to learn by. =)

Thanks again guys, if theres anything you think I should do better, please comment!! Thanks. :idea:

• Members

Haha :D yea perhaps! My girlfriend doesn't like Grieg either! :)

Thanks, I really really appreciate all your kind comments! I will share anything I can with you guys! =)

Off to cook some wook now, and study some german (:() :) !

(edit)

Oh yea, btw, if you listen to the song Jason.. listen to the bass drum (the big one in the intro, backing the clarinet and harp), it doesn't sound as smooth as it should do, or is it just my ears that are damaged? :D It sounds better in Cubase hmm ...?

• Members

Yeah, I'd agree.
:)
Definitely a "Godfather" feel on that intro...

KAC

Never thought about it like that! :D

I love The Godfather (the movie, not the guy (the theme aswell, it's great))!

The game was crap though, lol. Bet you didn't play it though. ;)

Checked some of your art, how old are you? You got some cool stuff there! Love this pic:

http://www.kacweb.com/art/media/prev17.jpg

I'm not much of a painter though.. my grandmother and her sister are painters (my father studied art and music) though, they're quite famous here in Sweden! I don't like their art though lol!

• Members

Never thought about it like that!
:D
I love The Godfather (the movie, not the guy (the theme aswell, it's great))!

The game was crap though, lol. Bet you didn't play it though.
;)

Checked some of your art, how old are you? You got some cool stuff there! Love this pic:

http://www.kacweb.com/art/media/prev17.jpg

I'm not much of a painter though.. my grandmother and her sister are painters (my father studied art and music) though, they're quite famous here in Sweden! I don't like their art though lol!

Thanks for taking a look at my artwork. That one was probably my first "good" pencil portrait. I've not done much drawing lately, but came across a pic/portrait that I may have to do shortly. :)

I'm an old fart, but relatively new to music/composition. Been trying to learn to play guitar for many years and and fiddled with keyboards for about the same. I'm trying to get a bit more serious about music creation lately. (I find I have to be doing SOMETHING creative whether art or music or photography, etc. :) ).

KAC

• Members

Thanks for taking a look at my artwork. That one was probably my first "good" pencil portrait. I've not done much drawing lately, but came across a pic/portrait that I may have to do shortly.

I'm an old fart, but relatively new to music/composition. Been trying to learn to play guitar for many years and and fiddled with keyboards for about the same. I'm trying to get a bit more serious about music creation lately. (I find I have to be doing SOMETHING creative whether art or music or photography, etc.
).

KAC

OK, I see! I was into art when I was younger.. then started with computer games and now I'm into music only (for last 2 years, started abit 3 years ago). I think you become depressed if you don't do creative stuff, if you're a creative soul atleast. :) Music always tend to bring me out of bad times, when I'm depressed or so. And it's something I have in common with my blonde, swedish girlfriend. Haha. ;)

• Members

OK, I see! I was into art when I was younger.. then started with computer games and now I'm into music only (for last 2 years, started abit 3 years ago). I think you become depressed if you don't do creative stuff, if you're a creative soul atleast.
Music always tend to bring me out of bad times, when I'm depressed or so. And it's something I have in common with my blonde, swedish girlfriend. Haha.
;)

Yep, I tend to get into a bad place if I don't have some creative outlet. :thu:

This one is my self-portrait, btw: http://www.kacweb.com/art/media/prev30.jpg

KAC

• Members

I'm trying to get a bit more serious about music creation lately. (I find I have to be doing SOMETHING creative whether art or music or photography, etc.
).

KAC

That's a great comment Kenny! :thu:

I'm the same way! I also love photography, and I love to write music. If I could draw I would do that (I can only copy--I can't create). But no matter where I am in my life, I too need to be doing something creative!

• Members

OK, I see! I was into art when I was younger.. then started with computer games and now I'm into music only (for last 2 years, started abit 3 years ago). I think you become depressed if you don't do creative stuff, if you're a creative soul atleast.
Music always tend to bring me out of bad times, when I'm depressed or so. And it's something I have in common with my blonde, swedish girlfriend. Haha.
;)

When you were younger? ;)

Good luck with the German!

Archived