Songwriting

Mark L

• Members

Hey :D

I am more in the mood to write nowadays, but there is not much coming out other than a seemingly endless stream of riffs/phrases/chord sequences. Not a lot in the way of full songs.

*swipes a Lidl cider and nods in appreciation*

• Members

Hey
:D

I am more in the mood to write nowadays, but there is not much coming out other than a seemingly endless stream of riffs/phrases/chord sequences. Not a lot in the way of full songs.

*swipes a Lidl cider and nods in appreciation*

I wouldn't mind betting that if you threw some of your riffs/phrases/chord sequences at me, I could come up with something :idea:

Thing is, I can't really be arsed at the moment :(

*Clinks Lidl cider cans with the Dom*

;)

• Members

i find that i write a few songs, then have a few weeks of little to no "inspiration," then something grabs me and gets me writing

i never sit down "to write" a song or make myself write

i find that the ideas that come and get your attention when you are not trying to write are better than forcing something to come

once the idea is there, then it becomes a lot of effort to flesh it out and get it right... that sometimes takes weeks, sometimes months (i had a song i started in 1991 that i just finished)

of course, i write very little, maybe 12-15 songs a year ... i'm not sure this method would work for someone who wants to write a lot of stuff

• Members

Yeah, I'm pretty temperamental when it comes to songwriting. Most of the time I have a lot of ideas floating in my head and plenty of inspiration, but when it's not there I've learned to not force it and just enjoy my 'time off' so to speak.

Archived