Mini Album

Jxeboy

• Members

Hello everyone,

I decided to try something different today. I took a few songs I wanted to record, and made a little live concert for myself. I set up two mics and recorded 5 songs "live". And I made an album I dub'd "Austrian Adaptations" after my recent trip to austria. I want to know what you guys think of it. Unfortunantly the only way I can think of distributing it is over a download, so there is no streaming.

Let me know what you think, the songs are kind of rough. The first one is a song I've already done, and the last one is a cover, but the other 3 are brand new.

1. Awake The Sounds

2. Fade

3. Famous People Are Evil

4. Harsh Words

5. Plays Pretty For Baby (Cover)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3l3h2u

~Jake

• Members

A mini album is a good idea. But, I have one major suggestion which I don't know if you will take care of or not. I know you wrote "demo" on songs 2-5 of your future project, but you should take care not to start all four of them with a "cough" and/or a 1...2...3...4

An album is about variety not redundancy. This cough thing, or a count in, personally, would turn me off right away. One time is ok though.

BTW, short albums can be masterful, I always think Alice In Chains' Flies In The Jar was their best ever! Also, I think of Rush's albums. Some of which only had 3 songs.

• Members

I'm enjoying this. I like your voice without all that, you know... that thing* that you don't need in the first place. It's raw and cool.

Anyhow, really enjoyable. As I often say you have really strong pop sensibilities and a great ear for hooks.

*Mind you, I don't have any problems with the subtle use of that thing. I have a variant on it in my toolbox, too, and I'm certainly not too stuck up to use it if I think I can save something otherwise cool with some touch up.

• Members

Thanks for listening to it. It was meant to be a "Live" demo, just without the crowds. So I bassically just hit record played a song, then went to the next one. So I didn't really feel the need to snip the songs, It's not meant to be perfect. About the autotune, I have not used it in a while acctually. I didn't on the last few songs I did for my last album, and I'm trying to make my vocal lines better, so along with that comes ditching the auto tune. The only thing I may use it for now is backups now and then.

~jake

• Members

I always figured you didn't need it. I'll give another listen to the album. I'm not sure I heard the whole thing. Your writing and hookiness has always impressed me.

;)

It's good to know I can sound good live as well.

~jake

Archived