Hi, folks ~ looking for some fresh perspectives... :)

draelyc

• Members

Hey, y'all~ :wave:

This is not my usual HC hangout, but I've been working on an original project on my home recording setup & could use some fresh feedback from folks who don't necessarily know me (or at least my online persona, lol).

There are links in my sig to the current works-in-progress of the first three songs from my project ... If anyone feels like taking the time to check them out & comment here, your feedback would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

• Members

Hey, Chris

"Waiting for Tomorrow" has a classic, hard-rockin' feel.

But it needs more guitar....

Just kidding. :D

I don't usually comment on lyrics unless they're posted somewhere but what I caught had a properly anthemic sense to them. The whole package seemed to fit together stylistically quite well and should appeal to many hard rock fans with its evocation of the timeless rock troubadour spirit.

• Members

Wow! Thanks! :D That's pretty much exactly what I was going for ... It's really cool to hear that it's coming across ... at least to one person out there! :)

Thanks for listening,

C

EDIT: Just checked out your myspace page~ very cool I really dig "Lyin' Cheatin' Baby Daddy Dog" & "Baby Said Asphalt Jungle Mix"! :thu:

• Members

:) (I'm still trying to figure out how to get those two on the same album! :D )

It's clear you've put a lot of work into honing your guitar sound and approach. I'm guessing you've been playing more than a little while...;)

• Members

I listened to all 3 songs and I think they're very good. Cool rock sound. Comes across as more sophisticated than 3 chord rock. You got some cool transitions and interesting drum parts. Good use of contrast. The sound quality and balance is very good too. I think you're off to a great start on the new album.

• Members

I listened to all 3 songs and I think they're very good. Cool rock sound. Comes across as more sophisticated than 3 chord rock. You got some cool transitions and interesting drum parts. Good use of contrast. The sound quality and balance is very good too. I think you're off to a great start on the new album.

You guys are very kind ~ I sincerely appreciate the encouragement!

I do definitely want, eventually, to turn this project into an album ... but I also know I'm not there yet. So, any criticisms & suggestions are also welcomed.

Thanks for taking the time to listen & comment. I'm looking forward to hanging in this forum & hearing everybody else's stuff, too. :thu:

Archived