Need some input from you please... thanks guys

Joeytpg

• Members

I couldn't make out too much of the words -- and I make it a rule to generally not comment on lyrics unless they're posted somewhere -- since it's too easy to get them wrong, even on a good day -- but what I heard sounded fine. (The 'orange clouds' ref made me think of "Orange Skies" by Love.)

I'm not sure I'd be able to hum this one, the melody seems to dance rather busily off the basic progression but it left me with a sense of its musical identity ringing in my ears -- if that makes any sense -- I guess I mean, it left an impression...

Still... I'm wondering if it might not be served by some sort of a change-up bridge, nothing too out of line, just a little something slightly unexpected to tickle the ear.

Nice work so far!

:)

• Members

thanks blue2blue, I'll take it into consideration definitely.

Do you hear any other instruments in that song? I'd like it to be "simple" but I don't know if only a guitar will do it.

what do you think? maybe in the chorus, something to "spike things up"

• Members

Very normal sounding so far. I would say if you are appealing to a popular audience it's good 1 minute through. Has some interesting hooks. Catches itself very well.

Try making the harmonics more digital in it's fx processing. If you can make the guitar and vocals more digital. That would be cool. The guitar could use a some extra fx. It's all in the mastering. Sounds like it might need some compressing or some digital mastering.

Don't be afraid to utilize fx processing.

• Members

thanks a lot man... interesting advice here.

This is a somewhat raw demo, it's got some compression/EQing/delay and I need to record some more guitar work, pump up the chorus, and of course, record the WHOLE song, since it's only the first verse and chorus. But I wanted to get some feedback on what else it needs, what's lacking, what doesn't need to be there, etc....

Vocals/lyrics: I still need to write the second verse and decide if I want to add an interlude PLUS the singing you guys are listening there is NOT the final thing, It doesn't take much to notice out of key singing here and there, it was just a reference thing so you guys could hear vocal melody.

Keep the advices coming guys...I'll try to post an updated version tomorrow.

thanks a lot, I REALLY appreciate it.

• Members

thanks a lot man, glad you liked it, trully.

I'm the singer hehee, and like I said, it was a one take singing just to show how the vocal melody goes. There are even out of key notes and stuff, but since it's not the final version, then it's ok)

I'll repost today a more polished version, come back later.

thanks man, great advice anyways, helps me a lot :)

Archived