"The world is spinning" - My first "real" song

Menthal

• Members

Been pretty lazy the last couple of years and have never really made a whole song, only alot of parts that I can't seem to puzzle. But this one, even though it's a work in progress, is only missing some lyrics to be finished.:thu:

Lately this is pretty much the style of my recent creations and it seems to be a good way to start singing and developing. All my other attempts at singing has allways been a very high-pitched-metal style but now it's time to get serious and try to develop a "real" voice that I can work with rather then make people deaf.

Any good learning videos out there? I've only seen millions of guitar vids and not a single one for singing.:cry:

Hope someone likes it.

"its only a demo" :)

http://home.rixtele.com/~Badrock/wis.mp3

• Members

Sounds pretty nice for only a demo. :)

It's my policy to not make detailed comments on lyrics unless there's a lyric sheet posted or linked somewhere, so I'll leave that aside. Nothing bad jumped out at me, anyhow. ;)

The musical composition was nice and the melody conveyed a sense of yearning and maybe a little melancholia.

With regards to your singing (and with the understanding that this isn't the Vocal Forum -- but there is no Vocal Forum here, so...) Sounds to me like you have pretty decent pitch and vocal control and I suspect a lot of folks would like the sound of your voice.

A lot of us are often uncomfortable with our own voices, of course, and sometimes we have a clear idea of what we're not crazy about but not a good idea of how to get where we want to go.

I'm sure there are instructional videos on vocalizing. Google and Amazon, I suspect will be good tools in that search -- but you'll probalby also want to collect some opinions and user reviews of whatever you're considering -- especially if it's pricey as so many instructional vids are.

An alternative you might try scouring: YouTube. There are an increasing number of instructional videos on YT for all kinds of things, certainly a lot on guitar technque and that sort of thing. It might be worth seeing if you can find the vocal equivalent. No doubt the range of helpfulness would be wide -- but judging from my attempts as a youth to find packaged instruction that worked for me learning guitar (all to little or no avail in those days of teaching "Mary Had a Little Lamp" and "Brahm's Lullaby" melodies to beginners :freak: ) just paying for instructional materials does not mean they will have any value to a given individual.

Anyhow, nice tune. I hope to hear the finished version. If it wasn't for that abrupt ending, I'd almost think this was it. ;)

• Members

Thx for your comment.

My biggest weakness is lyrics, since I'm from sweden it gets a bit harder to write in english, but in my case it's even worse since I lack the writing skill in every sense. I really have to force myself when writing, and "forced" lyrics is never a good idea, but it's better then nothing I guess.:)

youtube was a good idea, found loads of stuff :thu:

Archived