Anybody remember - "Froor" or "Fruor" - euro techno pop?

cada7

• Members

I don't know if this the proper place to ask, but there was a rather unique and musical obscura group back in my 80's college days called I believe "Fruor" or "Froor" and they had this interesting minimalist electronica sound mixed with sax, etc. I don't know why I am thinking of them, but I remember there were some standount tracks. I might be getting the name wrong.

does this ring any bells with anyone? I've been searching various websites for info, but this is definitely a group which disappeared from the face of this orb.

Oh - Hey just found it - Name is "Fruer" I had the wrong spelling - Amazon has a re-release. "Doot Doot" was their airplay song. I guess this was the starter group before becoming "Underworld" (who I have not heard).

• Members

Oh - Hey just found it - Name is "Fruer" I had the wrong spelling - Amazon has a re-release. "Doot Doot" was their airplay song. I guess this was the starter group before becoming "Underworld" (who I have not heard).

I think there's still time, WrdsNmuzik to show off a little... I'm thinkin' cada7 still needs a little spell-check work, there...

You know, U before E except after R -- or something like that.

• Members

... oh, and hey ... there was this other group from down-under I thinks called something like,

"In Essex" or "In Nexus" or something?

Me weally weally liked 'em for a wile.

Hey blue2blue, thanks for the spelling exhortation. I agree I probably should have skipped the post - do not know why I proceeded other than sometimes I float trial balloons out to the groups I don't know very well just to see what kind of dynamics are in play.

My apologies for the post - my bad. The worst thing about electronic interchange is that it is difficult sometimes to tell the 'timbre' of the communication - is it in good jolly jest or sharp sarcasm.

My next post to this group will be strictly related to songwriting. Once again, I humbly apologize.

P.S. In Fruer's brief history they actually experimented with alternate spellings. Didn't work for them either.

• Members

No prob.

Check out the Songwriting Forum Rules and Resources sticky thread at the top of the forum listings.

If you're a songwriter, we'd love to have your participation here, but when I came on board as mod, here, the regulars made it clear they wanted to keep this an on topic, work-oriented forum.

Thanks for understanding!

:)

PS... that's funny about the alternate spellings! I remember trying to figure out the right way to pronounce that back then. I think I figured fray-ur.

Archived