Silent Girl

Nick*

• Members

I like your voice on this, very Iggy-like -- but it's still pretty hard for me to make out (so I'll hold off talking about the words ;) ) and it sounds like the key might not be the easiest for you to sing. But that's not really a song issue.

I like the dark, folkie feel. There are a few other performance issues... the first two notes kind of threw me with the bass coming in an 1/8th note or so behind the intro chord the first time and then hitting it the next time around, but that's not a song issue, either.

Now, the lyrics might make it necessary, but at almost four and a half minutes, this feels too long by at least a minute or so. If there's unnecessary repetition in the lyrics, you might wrestle with how important it is and consider shortening things up a little.

I like the feel a lot. The other issues you can work out.

;)

• Members

Hey, thanks a lot for the help again man!

Yeah, I kind of just missed the bass/guitar timing in the beginning there. As far as the vocals go, I never really cared too much for the tone of my voice....and the vocals go right out in the front, so I'm still trying to get used to it.

I'm sorry I haven't posted any lyrics yet......that will change though. Like my voice, I've been unhappy with my lyrics as well. Anyway, here are the lyrics for Silent Girl

Silent Girl

Verse

My time

• Members

Liked it, I think blue nailed the Dark-Folk label pretty well.

Mix: I would Bring the vocals up and maybe widen the guitar a bit, maybe even lower their presence tad, without compromising the overall chord progression. I like the Bass lines, but it is a little overbearing, and you could probably add some compression to even it out so it doesn't eat all your sonic real estate up.

Song: Like I said, very good piece. I really enjoyed it, and if you could nail down those mix issues this one is a winner.:thu:

Archived