Lyrics for your review - Back In Your Arms

ido1957

• Members

Here's some new lyrics I'm working on. I'm still working out the kinks trying to get the meter/rhyme just right before putting down the melody/music. Let me know what you think of this so far...trying to keep it short and sweet also...:)

Back In My Arms (C. G Steele 2008)

When it

• Members

This is very sweet. The story is old but it gets rewritten in some form every day and there's always lots of people around who can identify with the feelings you've expressed.

I was thinking about something like this over the weekend, someone had described themselves to me as a person I "wouldn't glance at twice on the street", and I was working with the problem of saying well, yes, I do look twice, I look three times at anyone who slightly resembles you, but it's never you, so I'm always disappointed.

I appreciate the simple straightforward manner you've chosen. Phrases such as "faded memory" can be cliche but they can also be very accessible. I think you've done with your subject.

• Members

This is very sweet. The story is old but it gets rewritten in some form every day and there's always lots of people around who can identify with the feelings you've expressed.

I was thinking about something like this over the weekend, someone had described themselves to me as a person I "wouldn't glance at twice on the street", and I was working with the problem of saying well, yes, I do look twice, I look three times at anyone who slightly resembles you, but it's never you, so I'm always disappointed.

I appreciate the simple straightforward manner you've chosen. Phrases such as "faded memory" can be cliche but they can also be very accessible. I think you've done with your subject.

+1.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking- yes, it's been done but everyone needs their version. Nice and sweet and simple.

• Members

+1.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking- yes, it's been done but everyone needs their version. Nice and sweet and simple.

I think these reflect my style pretty well as you say - simple and straightforward. I'm not Shakespeare that's for sure but I keep chugging away trying to create something memorable and enjoyable to listen to. Just need to work on some music for this - I'm leaning towards a slow ballad with some strong chorus harmonies....;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first time through the chorus I was a little confused by the wording but after I reread it, I realized the phrase "before I let you go" referred to the past and not the future (dang English language!)

It might be a little on-the-nose or direct and some may see it as lacking sparkle/wittiness/cleverness -- but straighahead, very direct love songs have been been enticing folks for longer than any of us have been around.

I think, once the lyrics are wed to some music, we may have a better idea of how the union will hold up...

;)

Archived