I don't need a single thing

no I don't need anything

don't you dare leave me alone in this world

don't you dare tell me you're glad I'm happy

you don't know a thing about it

• Members

There seemed to be contrary clues here (imagine, ambiguity!) The other in this song doesn't 'know a thing about' whether or not the singer is happy... yet we also hear that they both see things the same way -- but that seems possibly ironic... the preceding lines are about looking out the kitchen window... maybe it's to highlight the ironic divergence... they're looking out the same window... seeing the same things but... no, wait, they see things the same way... Hmm... ambiguity...

• Members

Can't say I understand the basic plot of this...we see things the same...we see them diff...I especially liked this line...

don't use me to clean the closet...that had a cool message at least I took it as.."don't ask me to clean up your mess"

Good job!!

• Members

I think if you cut down in the explicit angry recriminations and make the tone more neutral (even slightly apologetic) and make the recriminations implicit, but leave them hanging over the situation like the smell of a bar on a drunk, you could have yourself a really good mid-period Raymond Carver story.

Why are these two people in the scene together? Clearly they have a history and some unfinished business - he can't have come over just to have a screaming match?

• Members

Yeah I wrote this with a minute or two to spare at the end of the day yesterday. I wanted to get it down & I key much faster than I write longhand. Mostly this was a process of removing information rather than embelishing or expanding on a theme. I wrote it all out and then went through it blocking and deleting.

It seems very flawed and inchoherent today but that's the way it goes sometimes. I don't mind making mistakes. I'm sort of used to it.

I don't think I'll do any more work with this song though.

I guess the funny thing about it this, if there is one, is that at the time I wrote it it seemed the most vital thing I'd done in ages.

Thank you for your comments.

• Members

i wasnt critiquing. just wondering where that came from. but i know that you dont always think when you write, otherwise ya wouldnt use my lame jokes or lame ass advise my friends give me for your songs
:lol:

THAT STUFF IS GOLDEN! :D

I now pronounce you codependant

miss you may kiss the defendant

wouldn't let him cut the cake

try to have a pleasant day...

• Members

you gonna name that one MCTI Jackass?

I am not a jackass but I play one on the blue screen. :)

Anyway, no this is the one about your bud's mom telling him "Don't marry someone you can live with - marry someone you can't live without."

Going to call it momma something, momma's knee... :idk:

• Members

I am not a jackass but I play one on the blue screen.
:)

Anyway, no this is the one about your bud's mom telling him "Don't marry someone you can live with - marry someone you can't live without."

Going to call it
momma
something,
momma's knee
:idk:

um...thats why i said MCTI Jackass....i call him jackass :lol: call it whiney mommas boy then ill send him a million copies :D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yo, shoes....

I love the way you write. I love your cadence, your perspective and your off center rhyming.

Sometimes I hear your tunes.

That, by the way, is my only problem. I can't quite get around a song until I really hear it......give it up, man!

i know that you dont always think when you write

BTW....I thing the Misfit has it right..........and that is why it works.

• Members

Yo, shoes....

I love the way you write. I love your cadence, your perspective and your off center rhyming.

Sometimes I
hear
your tunes.

That, by the way, is my only problem. I can't quite get around a song until I really hear it......give it up, man!

BTW....I thing the Misfit has it right..........and that is why it works.

The Misfit :lol: also is interning at a recording facility, so maybe we will be able to sneak in there one day with our charts and lyrics and pretty guitars...

• Members

The Misfit
also is interning at a recording facility, so maybe we will be able to sneak in there one day with our charts and lyrics and pretty guitars...

actually my boss told us at the meeting that once we get in the swing of things, get some work rollin, and have extra time and expense allowance with the equipment/business, that we'll have a chance as a treat to use the studio to record our own stuff :D

• Members

Can't say I understand the basic plot of this...we see things the same...we see them diff...I especially liked this line...

don't use me to clean the closet
...that had a cool message at least I took it as.."don't ask me to clean up your mess"

Good job!!

that was what i was thinkin tooo

• Members

I shall await the results.

Poignant lyrics and pretty guitars.....a promising combination.

flames.33 took a shine to this lyric so I've let don't you dare go for them to use as they wish. I liked what you said about hearing the music; I almost always hear (internal) music while writing. I'm very curious to see what others do though and I would enjoy learning what someone else hears musically. :cool:

Archived