ax84 amp kit

NITROHOLIC

• Members

Most of these amps are easy to build as guitar amps go. Proper sheilding on the higher gain amps is important as is lead dress but the rest is pretty easy if you can follow a basic schematic. Most of the AX-84 projects are available as kits or you can scratch build as I did.

Here's a few pics of my Firefly. http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/DIY%20Firefly%20AX-84/?start=all

Wood cabs always look cool, I've done a couple for other amps from Black Walnut.

• Members

I've built a Firefly and a P1. They're great little amps.

I don't think they come with a layout, but the circuit is there to follow. If you don't know how to read one it'll be difficult. But great tones. You'll still get complaints from your neighbours with the 1/2 watt Firefly - no cleans in there, but it rages with high-gain harmonics! The P1 is basically a Vox circuit, P1 Extreme is like a very early Marshall, 18 watter, kind of circuit. I've never played one, but I'm sure it'll be good - the guys at ax84 are pretty smart.

• Members

how much is it worth to ya?

i build high gain channel switchers, so this thing would be a piece of cake:D

:thu::thu::thu:

i know who to send a PM when i get the dough for one of these. if i decide to go for this or a little giant with a dirt pedal. . . ..

• Members

yeah, it would be a lot cheaper to do that. mercury magnetics has a kit for the little blackheart amps that's supposed to be pretty awesome.

building amps is not cost effective, really. one would build an AX84 deal mainly for the building part of it, because you can buy stuff like the epiphone valve jr for less than the price of the kit, and get similar tones.

now, in my case building amps is VERY cost effective. the amps i build are effectively SLOs that have been modded for metal. i can build one and sell it at about half the cost of the SLO new and still turn a profit. i even offer the same warranty, and use many of the same quality parts as soldano. the biggest difference is the transformers and the name:idk:

Archived