How do I copyright my songs?

jasonpaulboggs

• Members

Go to the copyright office at www.copyright.gov to copyright your music. It is going to be the form SR that you will use. SR stands for sound recordings. I am a professional musician and have done this many many times. You can print out the forms on the copyright website, fill them out and then mail them or you can sign up for electronic registration on the copyright website and copyright your music on the actual website. If you mail the forms in it will cost you $45.00 dollars per submission. If you do it electronically on the copyright website it will cost you $35.00 per submission. The cost is the same for each submission whether it is only one song that you register at one time or 20 songs that you register at a time. You can register as little or as many songs as you want and the copyright submission will cost the same so I suggest copyrighting as many songs as you can in one submission and only be charged once. Does that make sense? Hope this helps..

George Tamayo

www.georgetamayo.com

www.myspace.com/georgetamayo

gtamayopiano@yahoo.com

Roseville, CA

• Members

It is going to be the form SR that you will use. SR stands for sound recordings.

Form SR is no longer available unless you call the copyright office and ask for it. Form CO is the new form that covers all copyright registration - follow the info at the copyright office link above.

• Members

Form SR is no longer available unless you call the copyright office and ask for it. Form CO is the new form that covers all copyright registration - follow the info at the copyright office link above.

Thanks for that bit of information. That is important since I am going to be doing some copyrighting in the near future..

Archived