5150 footswitch compatability

Difficult4

• Members

Probably not... I have two Marshall footswitches... both have different ways to hook up.

And then I have my 5150 footswitch which hooks up through a cable that almost looks like a midi cable or something. Different than any other amp I use. So it'll have to be something with that sort of end on it. Which the standard footswitches don't have.

• Members

Probably not... I have two Marshall footswitches... both have different ways to hook up.

And then I have my 5150 footswitch which hooks up through a cable that almost looks like a midi cable or something. Different than any other amp I use. So it'll have to be something with that sort of end on it. Which the standard footswitches don't have.

???hmm, maybe one of your marshall has the 9 pin on it, that's like what my TSL100 has. Idk about your 5150 cable lookin like that though. Is it an original? Mine just has a regular quarter inch plug.:confused: Thanks though!!

• Members

???hmm, maybe one of your marshall has the 9 pin on it, that's like what my TSL100 has. Idk about your 5150 cable lookin like that though. Is it an original? Mine just has a regular quarter inch plug.
:confused:
Thanks though!!

Sorry I guess the originals are different. My fault I wasn't thinking.

No mine is a 6505. I do own an original 5150 too but I don't have the footswitch to that. If it's a regular plug then it will work.

• Members

Sorry I guess the originals are different. My fault I wasn't thinking.

No mine is a 6505. I do own an original 5150 too but I don't have the footswitch to that. If it's a regular plug then it will work.

Ok, cool man. So, now my question is; Do you know of a durable footswitch, with two buttons, and preferably two leds? I know how these marshall and peavey footswitches last. I'm not lookin to get a super heavy duty custom FJA made one or anything. Just somethin that may last longer than the pos Marshalls and Peaveys.

• Members

Ok, cool man. So, now my question is; Do you know of a durable footswitch, with two buttons, and preferably two leds? I know how these marshall and peavey footswitches last. I'm not lookin to get a super heavy duty custom FJA made one or anything. Just somethin that may last longer than the pos Marshalls and Peaveys.

I'd try to find a peavey one.

I have a Marshall one that does have the regular end on it. A friend gave it to me when I was younger and I have used it with a ton of amps. I'm not sure the model or anything.

The 6505 footswitch I have lets me turn on the lead... the clean... and then the crunch. So kinda makes the amp into a 3 channel amp.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-2-Button-Footswitch-For-Peavey-Amps-By-VoodooMan_W0QQitemZ330300199738QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330300199738&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

these look pretty solid. I have been contemplating getting one for my 5150.

Yes!! thats along the line of what I'm goin for. Thats not much more than a 2 button marshall costs. That looks alot better in quality, is small, and doesn' have an attached cable. This is definatly a consideration. Thanks!

• Members

I use a Carvin FS22 for mine. I hate it, it's labeled backwards and confuses me. God help me when I try to use it for my Rockmaster because I can never remember which buttons change what (2 buttons switching 3 channels... :o ).

It doesnt have LED's so I cant tell what is activated and what isn't. But I dont know that the peavey switches do either. I was about to cave and actually buy a peavey footswitch... not a good move I guess? Do the Peavey switches have LEDs?

The Carvin is just a metal box with a couple of switches wired into it. I've taken it apart, nothing complicated. I thought about making my own footswitch, but the carvin one works well enough. A sturdy metal box.

I will say that looking at how it's built... I dont see how it could possibly fail unless a wire takes a dump on you.

• Members

If the Marshall switch has LED's it won't work.

Jerry

Oh man, it does have leds. Its to the VS100r head. Damn! I think I'm gonna try and fix this footswitch myself. I've isolated the problem to the point where it enters the footswitch, most common break point I bet. If I just shorten the length by a foot or so, that'll be fine. Thanks Jerry!

• Members

Oh man, it does have leds. Its to the VS100r head. Damn! I think I'm gonna try and fix this footswitch myself. I've isolated the problem to the point where it enters the footswitch, most common break point I bet. If I just shorten the length by a foot or so, that'll be fine. Thanks Jerry!

Yeah, if the wire is broken it will most likely be right where it goes into the pedal. The switches go bad too. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

Jerry

Archived