How loud is a 1 watt tube amp?

• Members

I'm going to be moving into an apartment in a couple of months and I don't think my neighbours would appreciate me blasting my 50 watt head
:cry:

They probably won't appreciate you blasting a jack hammer at a distance of 1 m :D ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_pressure ) or being next door neighbours to a disco ( http://www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOfSoundPressureLevels.htm ) which is what one watt would give when played through a resonably efficient speaker.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SCORE! industrial zoning? OMG the sonic disasters which would be wroughth had i no neighbors....

No, it's at an apartment complex...but it goes like this...my closest neighbor is actually my boss. And in between me and her:

Concrete wall -> Pool pump room -> Concrete Wall -> Office bathroom -> Office Hallway -> My Office -> Back Office -> Concrete Wall -> Her Apartment.

She can't hear {censored}. :o

• Members

I have a Zvex Nano, and it's surprisingly loud. It will drive a 412 easily. Really. But it isn't really loud enough for live use either with out being miked. It does record great however. But you just need to try it in person. It does have a built in speaker that sounds horrible in a kinda cool funky way. One of my favorite settings is volume maxed with fat guy and clouds. Use a neck pickup with the tone turned down for a cool almost octave fuzz tone. Overall it really is a versatile little amp.

• Members

i cant want to get a little giant or a killer ant or a bumbox. krank rev1 needs new tube friends. :thu: and btw OP theyre still loud. line6 if you really worry about what they think. or just do what i did and learn all their work sceduals so when that 45 mins every tuesday and 15mins on saterday when all your adjacent neighboors are at work JAM THE {censored} OUT! :lol:

• Members

No, it's at an apartment complex...but it goes like this...my closest neighbor is actually my boss. And in between me and her:

Concrete wall -> Pool pump room -> Concrete Wall -> Office bathroom -> Office Hallway -> My Office -> Back Office -> Concrete Wall -> Her Apartment.

She can't hear {censored}.
:o

That's {censored}in full of win, mang :thu:

I can't imagine not being able to crank my amps. Well, actually I can. My wife has been sick for the past 2 days, so I haven't been able to turn them on. Having cool {censored} and not being able to use it FTMFL :mad::mad::cry::cry:

• Members

I have been playing with the watts knob on my egnater rebel, and even at 1 watt, with the gain maxed, I can't get the master up past about noon without it being painfully loud...so yeah 1 watt can be pretty darn loud...

Painfully loud? :freak:

Dude, I dime my 40 watt Fenders on a regular basis. :cop:

• Members

lol, the Gretsch was sold a little while back.

THe pickups were too damn low output, and {censored}ed with my fuzzes that I had dialed in for my HIGH output SG. So it was worthless as a backup, and I got bored with the Bigsby. Basically the exact same reasons I sold this one a couple years ago :lol::facepalm:

Guitars.jpg