OFFICIAL FINISHED WORK / PROMO / CAREER NEWS THREAD - DEC 2008

blue2blue

• Members

[Looking for more recent Showcases? Click here for a list of showcase threads.]

Here's the Official Thread (DECEMBER 2008) where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

:)

NOVEMBER 2008 Showcase

OCTOBER Showcase

• Members

I've been remixing a few tunes lately, listening, changing, relistening. I've done some subtle changes with Sonar plugins and eq's, mixing them completely in the computer. I'm feeling more comfortable in that domain. There's a few specific areas I'm wondering about but I'd like to hear what others think before I mention them. Hope I'm moving in the right direction.

This one's called Summer Love...

Streaming Player

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6794930&q=hi

Song Page

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6794930

• Members

I'll get this rolling...

old white guy rapping

(this recording is from '98... and yet that descriptive above was true,
even then...
;)
)

Not sure if it's quite rap Blue - no profanity, too much melody, but you did a good job no matter what it is. Too bad you didn't supply a video. It's not everyday you see an old guy like me rappin'.

http://www.vidstogo.com/player.php?vfname=white_man_rapping&ext=wmv

Best, John:cool:

• Members

I've been remixing a few tunes lately, listening, changing, relistening. I've done some subtle changes with Sonar plugins and eq's, mixing them completely in the computer. I'm feeling more comfortable in that domain. There's a few specific areas I'm wondering about but I'd like to hear what others think before I mention them. Hope I'm moving in the right direction.

This one's called Summer Love...

Streaming Player

Song Page

Has a 60's feel to it (my music usually has a 40's feel). Your voice reminds me of some artist, but can't think of his name. Anyway, it works.

Good work. Nice clean lead guitar part too.

• Members

Not sure if it's quite rap Blue - no profanity, too much melody, but you did a good job no matter what it is. Too bad you didn't supply a video. It's not everyday you see an old guy like me rappin'.

That was good...You rap good Johnny Boy...unless that was your older brother!:facepalm:

• Members

Ok, I have to admit here, I'm not good at this URL thing, I've tried several times to get a song over here and just simply can't get the thing to work.

Anyway I have a southern rock song " Don't Say Goodbye " posted on soundclick (without lyrics ) that someone with a good voice might could do some justice to.

I have lyrics but really don't want to use them, sounds to limp and whinny even with my gruff ass voice.

Anyone caring to give it a listen and see if you wanna tackle it be my guest, if not, oh well.

• Members

I'll get this rolling...

old white guy rapping

(this recording is from '98... and yet that descriptive above was true,
even then...
;)
)

I'm not much for rap,, it all pretty much sounds alike to me a little different rymthm pattern here and there but pretty much the same.

On " Sometimes "

for me a really heavy guitar would do wonders on this, I know , I know, guitar is not used much in rap,, but on this one I really think it'd work.

nice job BTW

Summer Love... nice song, really liked the vocals/words. Nice and smooth guitar work in the solo, Could add somemore of the same into the song after the last verse.

• Members

Ok, I have to admit here, I'm not good at this URL thing, I've tried several times to get a song over here and just simply can't get the thing to work.

Anyway I have a southern rock song " Don't Say Goodbye " posted on soundclick (without lyrics ) that someone with a good voice might could do some justice to.

I have lyrics but really don't want to use them, sounds to limp and whinny even with my gruff ass voice.

Anyone caring to give it a listen and see if you wanna tackle it be my guest, if not, oh well.

Here's a link to your song: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6794930 (to paste it into one of these BB pages, go to the SC info page for the song and click in the little link URL field next to where it says "Share URL of this page" -- the URL field will turn blue, hit control-C (on a Windows machine) to put the URL into your cut-n-paste buffer, come over to the BB page, and hit control-V to paste it into the edit window of a message. (You can also use the buttons at the top of the msg editing window to put add the link to some text you've already written in your message but... baby steps. :D ) It has an interesting sound... it makes me think of North American plains indians for some reason. Don't ask me why. It's got that big wide open sound...

;)

• Members

:lol: That guy is an excellent mimic - he does for rappers what Rich Little did for presidents.

• Members

:lol:
That guy is an excellent mimic - he does for rappers what Rich Little did for presidents.

The fact that he is an old white guy (though maybe not as old as moi) just makes it that much funnier.

I always loved comics and mimics who could go from their squeaky/funny stage voice to big, deep throated mimicry of the singers of the day -- and better yet if they could jump from, say, Frank Sinatra to Peggy Lee.

• Members

Sometimes - A fun little rap. The chorus is great.

Summer Love - I like your singing on this. And the guitar solo is tasty. I'm hearing a little Gordon Lightfoot influence in this.

The old white guy rapper video is hilarious. I wish it was higher res so I could see him better.

Don't Say Goodbye - Not sure where this is going without the vocals there but it sounds agreeable and pleasant.

• Members

Cool stuff Boydog...I agree it sounds Native American - it's that minor chord that does it. Time to insert lyrics into this....
:thu:

Go for it ! I've got lyrics but like I said, they just seem to "wuzzy" maybe it's just me, dunno ,

I got the idea for the song while watching a chick flick with the wife, and now that I think about it, the movie was set in the midwest.. hum ! didn't realize it had an effect on it..

• Members

The trumpet synths need a little more reverb, maybe bring them down in the mix too, other then that I liked it.

Archived