A collaboration

333maxwell

• Members

Heres a little thing I just finished.. nothing too fancy mind you, but the young lady who played guitar on it is an up and comer and I expect to hear great things from her in the future.

Her name is Robin and I met her over on the song's hosts website.

again, I did all the music and vocals, and Robin did all the guitars.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it's all good fun.

Robins Song

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7089678&q=lo

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7089678&q=hi

• Members

Very nice rich guitar tone, nice and smooth blues playing. The backing is a little, um, casio sounding though... it's a solid chord progression, but one of the pads is kinda cheesy. I like the vocal melody and tone. I can't really comment on the lyrics much because I didn't understand it all. The overall mix is solid and balanced; the vocals sound a bit processed, but I like it ok.

As a collaboration, it sounds like you worked well together. That's always a blast- working with different musicians is a great way to grow.

It's a good ballad, but it would benefit from some more realistic sounds I think.

• Members

I like it... I couldn't make out much of the lyrics at all. It has a kind of early 70s Claptonesque thing going on. I think what Sentry's talking about, maybe, is the stiffness of the drum beat. The hat is particularly unsexy and feels like its working against the flow of the instruments. But the changes have a nice, mostly familiar but not quite standard feel, I like the keyboards and guitars. It seems like a productive pairing. :)

• Members

Sentry and Blue.. thanks for the time, ear and thoughts..

True enough about the drums.. I started with my standard faire.. I tap out midi bits and use them for all practical purposes as a click track, then I embelish the drums later and fool around with different kits and drums to assign them to..

This time I rushed this thing along, and never got to the drums and when it was time to render them from midi I just used the standard drum kit from the freeware version of Sample tank..

I figure at another time when I have more time I will go in and work up some decent drums, but with the Holidays coming in fast, and little time to spare I really just wanted to get something up to encourage Robin to keep banging away on her guitar, as there are not enough young ladies out making real music with real instruments..

She'll be out growing me very soon..

Thanks again for the time my friends!

• Members

Yeah, I also had a rough time understanding the lyrics, although I liked the rough voice. I agree with the Clapton feel.

The melody was a bit repetitive, thought maybe some note changeups at the part starting at the 1:00 mark so it didn't sound exactly like the first part. You know, for a little build.

Neat sound.

Archived