Diary of a Spaceman

333maxwell

• Members

Ths is a little tune influenced by a really neat sound font I lifted

of a theramin.. I use it in the chorus..

The rest is editing history.

I call it Diary of a Spaceman.

Diary of a Spaceman

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7161241&q=lo

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7161241&q=hi

• Members

It took me awhile to realize where the theremin was. ;) I'm used to hearing the crazy portamento pitchbending that it makes. You should've reached for your keyboard's pitchwheel. It's a pleasant little quasi-tango jam-thing - nice work.

• Members

It took me awhile to realize where the theremin was.
;)
I'm used to hearing the crazy portamento pitchbending that it makes. You should've reached for your keyboard's pitchwheel. It's a pleasant little quasi-tango jam-thing - nice work.

Thanks Eeglug.. I am actualy pondering getting a real theramin.. but there are a lot of toy, or maginal instruments out there, but I was looking for a nice one and they start around 500 clams.. kind of a lot of money for something so one trick, but I am a one trick kinda guy, and it would be a really cool conversation piece..

If I was a wealthy man I would really like one of the old vaccum tube ones n the big wooden case.. those sound very very lush..

All that aside, I appreciate your ear man!

• Members

unique style there man, kinda see how you got the name.. cool song

Thanks for the thoughts.. I was trying to come up with something up-beat.. my lovely bride tells me all my music of late sounds low, down, creepy and depressing.. so this was kind of my attempt of being up-beat.. instead, it came off rather low, creepy and depressing.. :thu:

Thanks for your time!

• Members

You might check ebay. There's an analog theramin in a wood box, $158 +s/h- built on the 1950's designs, might be worth a look.

Now to your song. I like this a lot. And there's something about the disconnect between the title and the tasty flamenco feel that's kitschy cool. Very good drums on this. The accents are great, the dynamics are superb, LOVE the snare sound. The guitar meanders around without a lot of meaning... I think that could find a melody to at least return to here and there. The Theramin is fantastic too. I may have to look into that, I love the sound.

One of the coolest little tunes I've heard in a while max, really good job.

• Members

You might check ebay. There's an analog theramin in a wood box, $158 +s/h- built on the 1950's designs, might be worth a look.

Now to your song. I like this a lot. And there's something about the disconnect between the title and the tasty flamenco feel that's kitschy cool. Very good drums on this. The accents are great, the dynamics are superb, LOVE the snare sound. The guitar meanders around without a lot of meaning... I think that could find a melody to at least return to here and there. The Theramin is fantastic too. I may have to look into that, I love the sound.

One of the coolest little tunes I've heard in a while max, really good job.

Check Ebay I will then.. thanks for the heads up..

As for the guitar meandering around.. as a footnote I recorded two guitar parts, the rhythm and the leads (and a bit of both on both) and then chopped them up and randomly placed phrases here and there, stretching some, compacting others, flipping and reversing others etc etc..

The fact it makes any kind of musical sense was just a gift to me from the music gods.. *G*

thanks for the ear and the time my friend!

Archived