Song Critque PLEASE

Boydog

• Members

Sounds raw and real. Pretty much ripped from my personal headlines. :D No one's going to confuse the plainspoken lyrics for the latest trendy academic poet, but the words put over the song's point in a nice, direct manner. Many of the individual phrases and lines are as old as the blues itself, but, well, it is the blues, after all. I enjoyed the raw, garagey guitars, but, for me the strongest element here was your singing. Your voice really made it all come together. There's the the raw strength of the midwestern/Chicago blues belters of the mid 20th century, and what strikes my ear as maybe even a dash of Jim Morrison. A couple of moments of minor pitchiness just made it seem more real. I enjoyed this. I just wish I wasn't livin' it. ;)

• Members

Very cool. This reminds me of being in blues-rock bands that would gig in the dingy, beer-stained dives on the not-so-nice side of town, playing to a bunch of people most would call white trash. There is no pretense, no flash. It's just f@#king real. A working man and his guitar. All killer, no filler.

But I do also agree with JimiRules, the vocals could stand to be brought up some. They are the heart and soul of this song.

Archived