Satisfied

Codemaster

• Members

Huh. I'm not sure about this one. I just blurted it out like 10 minutes ago. haha.

What do you guys think?

I understand it's short... repetitive...

Anyway,

I would love if you guys could listen to it and give it another set of ears. :poke:

Thanks in Advance!

:)

(I kind of felt a P.S. was in order. I'm probably insulting the great talents on the forum with such diminutive drivel. :cry: But bear with me. I seek to improve. :idea: And I was wondering what you thought of my voice... I'm experimenting with a really breathy technique here. :p)

Here's the (semi)final Version:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=903182&songID=7170441

And the 3 hour old demo here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=903182&songID=7170096

• Members

Hello Codemaster,

I think you are off to a good start here. There are some pitch issues you'll need to work on ,but the voice is nice it just needs some work . You do have some interesting harmony idea's going on here. Yes it is repetitive but in finding your own voice you have to just explore right? I hope you continue on with this one and I'll look forward to see how it changes and progresses.

You had some nice guitar tones too btw,

All the best ,

T bone

• Members

Not to sweat, Codemaster, we're all learning here, even those of us who've been doing it for decades. That's what this place is hopefully all about.

I don't usually comment on lyrics that aren't posted somewhere (too easy to get them wrong) but nothing jumps out at me as problematic. There is a lot of repetition of the key line (something about satisfied :D ), though. Sometimes it's a thin line between giving them enough of the hook and too much of the hook. For the repetition-averse, this probably crosses that line fairly early in the game.

The music works in a sort of late 70s, proto-new-wave sort of way, particularly with that vocal styling (as noted, there's some pitchiness to the singing, but I've heard worse problems on the radio from time to time and I prefer what you have here to what it would likely sound like if it was jammed clumsily through Auto-Tune, Melodyne or other robo-tuner. (Not to say that those tools can't actually be used quite well to fix the kind of spot issues you have here, just that so often people just turn it on auto and turn up the correction and the rest is birdies and warbles.)

• Members

I think it's a good start. The meat of the song is there, just needs some variety in the lyrics. But you have a lot of what you need to work with - melody, backing track ect. You definitely have songwriting skills, hope to hear more from you....:)

Archived