Does anyone know of anyone....?

palimino

• Members

I have occasionally posted on a few songwriting critique sites for almost 3 years, have listened to and read any # of lyrics...Lots of DARN good stuff!

I'm sure some of you have been plugging much longer. Does ANYBODY know of a real success story...I'm not talking about having something on "hold," but an ACTUAL song that one of "us" wrote that charted?

Thanks for any response (which I suspect will be a heck of a lot more than any of my lyrics ever garner. ;):)

• Members

Johnny Boy seems to be pretty active sending stuff out and I think he's selling some of it. It's not hit stuff, though, but, rather, incidental/soundtrack music for film and the like. I'm not sure how many of his songs he sends out, since he works in a standards kind of mode and the teen market hasn't swung back around there, yet... ;)

But I don't think it's just happy talk or wordplay to ask just what success should mean to us. Is success only measured in money and sales?

Some of us, Gregg Schmidt, or Heckxx, and others (haven't had coffee yet, to speak of, sorry to forget y'all) were focused on getting feedback for songs they were working on for albums which they released, while others have tended to focus on one song at a time... two songs forward, one song back, as it were. And I think a lot of us have made considerable progress in our writing.

While a red convertible and a condo in Malibu is hard to argue with, there may be more subtle forms of success that may be at least as meaningful.

(Besides, I always thought red convertibles were a little tatty. And I'm holding out for a Malibu beach house -- condos are for plebes -- like the one I assumed in the 50's watching TV detectives and the like that I'd be living in by now... writing hit songs and solving murder mysteries on the weekends. With a white '58 'Vette in the car port.)

• Members

I could use some beer money.....I better get busy.

Shoot, man. It's Johnnie Walker Red for me. And I reckon the best way to get ahead is spend more time pursuing money making endeavors, like mebbe selling hubcaps, 'stead a killing time writing songs. Besides, I'm just wrapping up the final edit on an historical fiction novel, and that will likely be easier to pitch than a lyric/tune. If'n I strike paydirt with it, I'll let you'ns know.

• Members

Johnny Boy seems to be pretty active sending stuff out and I think he's selling some of it. It's not hit stuff, though, but, rather, incidental/soundtrack music for film and the like. I'm not sure how many of his songs he sends out, since he works in a standards kind of mode and the teen market hasn't swung back around there, yet...Blue

If retro-forties music makes a comeback, I'll make a killing.:thu:

I've made out well with TV placements (and a variety of other licensing undertakings).

I think TV is a very lucrative opportunity today. When you consider TV plays 24-7, and the networks need music for most shows.

I have one TV publisher that sends me regular emails for TV projects. These are clients that need music immediately.

The last one was music for a ballroom scene that he needed within the hour (no I didn

Archived