Introducing myself!

FRua

• Members

Hello all,

After quite some time of browsing around HC's reviews and such, I've finally come across the boards. After some reading, I really enjoyed the folks' views here at the Songwriters' corner; seems like a healthy place to trade views on the subject. Oh, the introduction bit...

My name's Francisco, I'm a 21 year old portuguese arts student who - SHOCK! - loves music, as well as photography, reading, cinema, and many many things. As far as my musical taste... Tricky bit, but I could say I love finger-style acoustic guitar (the likes of Michael Hedges, Andy McKee, Dan LaVoie, etc), some progressive music, the blues (been focusing on Kelly Joe Phelps, Keb Mo, Larry Carlton / Robben Ford and the likes lately), the ocasional stoner rock (for instance, Clutch), some Jazz, and many other things - too many to mention.

I started out with classical guitar, moving on to the electric 'bout 6-7 years ago; although on the past two years I've been focusing a lot more on the steel string acoustic. Right now I find myself at a musical turning point; therefore, I'm always looking for good opinions (justified ones; not just the nice-to-hear kind) and have been rather active.

So there, that's me. :wave:

• Members

Welcome aboard. Don't run across that many Michael Hedges fans. What a talent. I grew up in Michael's home town in Oklahoma; that's how I came to know of him. Never met Michael himself, though I did know the luthier who worked on lot of his guitars. What a loss. I saw Michael perform live only once; at the benefit concert in OKC after the federal building bombing there in '95. What a show. I have never heard anyone play guitar the way he did.

Anyway, hope we can be of some help and entertainment here.

EG

Archived