Just finished one after a month

rockinrobby

• Members

Let me know?

http://www.ourstage.com/music/channel/68-indie-rock/EQILUNTUUBEI-i-give-out

I'm doing everything and I recorded it over there ---> looks toward studio :-)

It's 10 vox tracks

acoustic guitar

piano

bass

drums

violins

cellos

lead guitar

I hope you like it, but if you don't that's ok too :-) comments welcomed and encouraged!!

Thanks everyone.

Robby

• Members

Thanks very much Leonard, yes it actually was a lot of fun. I recorded a version of this "back in the day" and wanted to redo it on the modern technology. I am going to re-record the acoustic guitar at some point as several have pointed out that it's a little out of tune.

• Members

Hey, Robby, this sounds really nice. I generally don't give extended comments on lyrics unless they're posted. But the melody and feel of this is nice. Vocals are well conceived. A side note, it's not the production forum, but I think I'd be tempted to get that guitar back into the background more, lower the level a fair amount and wrap a discreet amount of reverb around it to get it out of front line (where it contributes to a bit of a dated power ballad feel). Good stuff!

• Members

Lemonz and codemaster, thanks guys!

Blue (You're my boy blue!) Yeah I spent a month recording it and "a day mixing it!" LOL! I've gotten a lot of good input from folks on how to improve the mix and you're right up in there with them. I wish I knew more about that aspect of it? For me, the mix/master process is somewhat "organic". I kinda feel my way around, like Gollem in a cave looking for his precious? I really appreciate the feedback man. I'm taking this week OFF and just jaming on my various instruments :-) The next project starts in a week, and it will be another full production, one I've been meaning to do for a long time. Thanks again! Next one I'm going to bounce off a few mix pros b4 I post it ;-)

• Members

Elias and ido, I appreciate the listen and the comments. It's a song about commitment, and the fact that when we fall in love, at some point, there's a line, there's a wall that we put up, because everyone has been hurt and has fear of being hurt, so at some point, one must make a concious decision "to give out, to give in" but to do so "once again" because hey? We've all been burned? And in my case, "charred beyond recognition..." Thanks again.

• Members

Hey Okie, thanks man, you should hear me talk to my ex "you beeeeeeaaaaaacioch!" LOL! I can really bend that one! hahaha. Are you from OK? I was driving through there once and saw the exit for Muscogee (sp) and pulled over and bought a coke just so I could say I was there.

Silver, what a beautiful baby! I'm glad you liked it, you know I'm not really a board player :-( So when I want to lay down keys, I have to practice the song for days and days and days, until I get the mechanics? Then I can "'get it in" and I'm an editing mow foe. I FIGHT with them, but in the end I'm usually standing victorious with that Captain Morgan gotta little captain in you leg up and one foot on the keyboard? :-) The new one I'm doing has keys too, and I'm "practicing" have been all week, should be ready to see the red light this weekend.

• Members

I think I'd be tempted to get that guitar back into the background more, lower the level a fair amount and wrap a discreet amount of reverb around it to get it out of front line (where it contributes to a bit of a dated power ballad feel).

+1 on the acoustic guitar. Some of the vocals seem to step on each other a little, but the overall effect is good. I understand where you are coming from with the electric guitar sound, but you might try something with less distortion.

• Members

Hey Okie, thanks man, you should hear me talk to my ex "you beeeeeeaaaaaacioch!" LOL! I can really bend that one! hahaha. Are you from OK? I was driving through there once and saw the exit for Muscogee (sp) and pulled over and bought a coke just so I could say I was there.

Silver, what a beautiful baby! I'm glad you liked it, you know I'm not really a board player :-( So when I want to lay down keys, I have to practice the song for days and days and days, until I get the mechanics? Then I can "'get it in" and I'm an editing mow foe. I FIGHT with them, but in the end I'm usually standing victorious with that Captain Morgan gotta little captain in you leg up and one foot on the keyboard? :-) The new one I'm doing has keys too, and I'm "practicing" have been all week, should be ready to see the red light this weekend.

Yep.. Oklahoma.. land of mediocrity. I fit right in:thu:

Archived