Sorry I have been a bit AWOL of late

333maxwell

• Members

Been in the middle of some icky medical stuff and have at least 4 major sessions of unexpected surgery coming over the period of the next few months.

Needless to say a lot has been on da plate..

I have managed to work a collab with a talented young lady and convince her to do a song in a style she normally wouldn't do.

I hope the guitar solo in the middle doesn't make anyone sea sick.. It was fun to put together.

I hope to be back in regularly soon.. but will probably be hanging real low for some time, i'll know more tomorrow when the final lab work comes back.. fun fun..

Hope you enjoy the song.

Get Back to Being Back Home

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=913815&content=songinfo&songID=7513561

Peace and happy Easter to all..

• Members

Man, sorry to hear about your health problems! I hope you're feeling better soon.

This sounds great... I love the lose-limbed jam aspect. Your singer friend sounds great, too. Although I might look for just a subliminal touch of reverb and/or echo on her, I mean really unnoticeable... just to bring her very dry, compressed voice more into the pyschoacoustic ambience. I think I might back the solo lead off just about a dB or so, I know it's supposed to be and blustery but it still will be. ;)

Wonderful stuff!

• Members

Man, sorry to hear about your health problems
!
I hope you're feeling better soon.

This sounds great... I love the lose-limbed jam aspect. Your singer friend sounds great, too. Although I might look for just a subliminal touch of reverb and/or echo on her, I mean really unnoticeable... just to bring her very dry, compressed voice more into the pyschoacoustic ambience. I think I might back the solo lead off just about a dB or so, I know it's supposed to be and blustery but it still will be.
;)

Wonderful stuff
!

It has been suggested more than once that a bit of (maxed out PA effect I guess) distortion might be the key????>

I am going to screw with it later today if I can get the gumption.. I tried reverb but it just seemed to muck things up.. but I did only try one 'kind' of reverb so I will do some more experimenting..

Thanks for the thoughts and the ear.. as always.. I do appreciate it.

• Members

I often say that compression is one of the hardest things to really learn to do right (and it is) but, clearly, adding the illusion of ambience to tracks can be extremely tricky to get right.

When I suggest adding some verb (and/or perhaps extremely subtle echo, perhaps tightly gated), I'm thinking something so understated as to be imperceptible as reverb... if you hear it, it's probably too much.

Actually, with re the idea of pa style amplification -- the vocal already sounds quite flattened by compression or perhaps saturation. I don't think I'd go any farther down any road that would further compress/flatten the vocal (although experimentation never hurts as long as you don't lose track of where you were, in case things don't pan).

• Members

I often say that compression is one of the hardest things to
really
learn to do right (and it is) but, clearly, adding the illusion of ambience to tracks can be
extremely
tricky to get right.

When I suggest adding some verb (and/or perhaps extremely subtle echo, perhaps tightly gated), I'm thinking something so understated as to be imperceptible as reverb... if you
hear
it, it's probably too much.

Actually, with re the idea of pa style amplification -- the vocal already sounds quite flattened by compression or perhaps saturation. I don't think I'd go any farther down any road that would further compress/flatten the vocal (although experimentation never hurts as long as you don't lose track of where you
were
, in case things don't pan).

Thanks again.. I am hoping to find the ooooomph to screw with it a bit more soon..

Appreciate the thoughts!

• Members

OOOOOMPH and prayers sent out to ya max. I'll give a listen and critique soon. I've been away myself, although under less dire circumstances. Life, time, and taxes have taken their toll. (I want credit if you use that for lyrics, HA!)

GL to you man. Hang tough.

Archived