Never Quite Satified, hey could ya give it a listen too

Mikeo

• Members

I did some song recording in last weekend, and I've been tweaking out stuff here and there.

I have $14.95 pc speakers, so I'm not sure how decent the mix sounds.

I have reference monitors in my small home brew studio, but it doesn't really matter if it sounds good there now does it.

It sounded ok in my car factory nothing special cd player.

I play all the instruments and everything was mic-ed up, real drums (hey I'm a geetar player).

I try to make music a very old fashion way, but us a old Roland 1880, a few choice mics and pre's. The guitars are a Feneder tele, and at LP actually does the lil solo fills, both through a Fender 65 Deluxe RI amp, a Martin 00016, the bass is a Fender Jazz through an Ashdown.

If you have less than 4 minutes give it a listen to and some feed if you have time. Nothing I have on soundclick was mastered, these are the direct 2 mixed tracks.

I'm waiting till I feel the time is right to release a project called Beyond August, which was supposed to be finished last august:D

Never Quite Satisfied

• Members

Yep......music the old fashioned way.

It is a sound and it kind of works. I'd like the tune more if the vox were more up front.

Hey....that's who you are, man. Put it up there and let us hear it in all of its naked self.
:)

maybe I'l do another mix and get the vox more up front, they get even more burried after mastering.

Thanks for listening

• Members

Vocals are a little pitchy here and there. Just a little.

Drums seem off, or at least not to a click. They seem to drag the song at points. Are they on a seperate track?

Song concept, excellent. Nice almost Grateful Deadish smoothness to the whole groove. Liked it a lot.

• Members

Vocals are a little pitchy here and there. Just a little.

Drums seem off, or at least not to a click. They seem to drag the song at points. Are they on a seperate track?

Song concept, excellent. Nice almost Grateful Deadish smoothness to the whole groove. Liked it a lot.

yeah, drums are on seperate track. I thought is dragged a bit durning the song, or actually lost it's vibe.

Any the pitch vocs are gonna stay, I may bring em up a bit.

all I do is record a basic 2 track of vocs and acoustic guitar. there is a click track and stuff gets added around the basic tune.

Thanks for giving it a listen.

by the time I get this far on a tune, I've usually had enough of it.

I have a drum machine, I hate them things

Archived