a noisy song with no vocals yet

lastdreams

• Members

here's something I recorded the other week, I took a lot from Sonic Youth for this. The weird bass thing is a guitar put down an octave which is probably why it sounds funny? I haven't written lyrics for it yet, and the structure is all random, I aim to fix that up after I've written the lyrics.

Any comments?

• Members

It started well, and its breakdown into dissonance wasn't in itself a problem; but it became tedious when the backing rhythm remained static with the breakdown. More of a jam than a composition. But it's hard to say much about it until it becomes a song (as you mentioned you were still writing the song).

• Members

Definitely very SOnic Youth. I don't think it will be hard to place vocals into this as long as you lose that rising motif every now and then. That thing loops too much, and if it was me I'd have real trouble coming up with a melody that didn't keep rising as well (but that's not saying much).

I like the bridge, maybe you can take some of that and put it into the first half of the song (just faster) as your verses, and leave the rising motif for the chorus. Then you can have your slow bridge, and maybe get fast again by the very end.

Archived