Feedback on our band -dePhaser-

Angry Angus

• Members

We usually try to keep the focus on songwriting, here, but, of course, those peripheral issues often come up in feedback/critiques.

I'll try to get back and check out at least one of your songs a little later.

BTW, welcome to the SW forum. I'm the mod here, so if you have any problems, just PM me.

cheers

• Members

Dude!!!!!

You guys effing rockit. The first song - "It's over Now" is great stuff. Catchy, clean, fun. Textbook pop/rock. Kind of like Semisonic meets Creed with a dash of Pablo Honey-era Radiohead.

Very commercial - and that's a good thing. I like the "It's over now' part with the falsetto and the "sweet-child-of-mine-esque" guitar noodling. Sweet stuff.

"Forgotten Words" is a bit weaker for me. The song's a kinda rote. Reminds me of David Cook, although some people might take that as a good thing. Still pretty good, though.

You gotta work on your look, though. The guy on the far left in the Myspace picture looks like he's in a band. The rest of you, well, you look like Dad's out on the weekend, you know? With the blue Jeans and Jackets. Is that one dude wearing a hoodie? Come on....

The Tall Guy could look pretty rad, with that lanky frame and bald head. Got a professional sound. Got a pay attention to the looks too...

• Members

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies!

Matximus: hehe - yes sir that's a hoodie... Alright maybe that's something to work on - the apperance and look of the band. If I have to be honest with you, I have to admit that maybe 99,7% effort has been on the music, and the rest on apperance... You make a good point, because apperance and looks do count!

Comic_God: You're right, we're basically repeating the same thing again. But we're aware of this, and this is something we try to work on. Sometimes even the most subtle little add-on, can make a huge difference to the general impression of the whole song. In general, a good rule is that repetion should be "forbidden"...

rsadasiv: I think our singer is pretty good acctually, but of course accent and pronunciation is always something you can work on.

We're gonna record more material in the start of May, so look out for more material to listen to then! We'll probably record 2-3 new songs. Btw don't bother about your lack of skills in swedish, there's only about 9 millions of us around so... It's better that we work on our english :)

• Members
bostonwal: It's funny that you mentioned the abrubt ending... This was acctually a result of a mistake! We recorded drums, bass and 2*guitars at the same time, and we did maybe 5-6 takes. The last take was OK (we thought), and then our singer went into the booth to do the vocals. During the recording of the vocals, he and the engineer discovers that we have missed the last bar... we stopped the song one bar to early! So our singer and the engineer improvised the abrubt ending... Hehe but we kinda liked it, so thats why we decided to keep it.

Archived