Adrenalin Rush of You

• Members

I like the idea behind it, but I think it plays out too in your face.. The idea seems to be that new people or relations can be exciting and we can get caught up in it and carried away before we get our bearings and realize that we don't have much in common with that person..

I think you should try to approach that in a very vague way.

Hope this helps ya

• Members

I like the idea behind it, but I think it plays out too in your face.. The idea seems to be that new people or relations can be exciting and we can get caught up in it and carried away before we get our bearings and realize that we don't have much in common with that person..

I think you should try to approach that in a very vague way.

Hope this helps ya

I am direct and intense without apology yet each lyric can come across differently.

In this case, I agree with you because there is too much trying to be portrayed.

do people embrace the negative anyway? I mean other than melancholy writers?:D

• Members

I pretty much write exclusively in the negative..lol.. trying to find a medium though.. A lot of people do.. A trick I found that helps people embrace a negative song is to be vague so that people can relate the basic idea to a personal experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'd like to see the title/tagline repeated a lot more throughout this piece, just because it's strong and I like the sound of it. :)

you did bite off quite a chunk here, old relationship, new relationship, new relationship getting old...

at least two songs, but why not; the lines are well constructed and thoughts clearly expressed.

one thing I always wonder about each lyric writer is if they sing along while writing and/or hear music while composing lyric. I almost always do.

anyway best wishes for good writing experiences. :thu:

• Members

There really is a lot here.

I find that with a very full set of lyrics like this it becomes important that you keep an open mind to change when you start putting them to music. You may find yourself condensing some thoughts to fit a strong melody or cadence.

You may also end up cherry-picking from the lot as your emotions get boiled down in the process.

do people embrace the negative anyway? I mean other than melancholy writers?
:D

Not sure that this is so negative. Writing about the many paths that love takes is more about change.

• Members

I pretty much write exclusively in the negative..lol.. trying to find a medium though.. A lot of people do.. A trick I found that helps people embrace a negative song is to be vague so that people can relate the basic idea to a personal experience.

I dont' believe there is a "medium" - it is what it is.

if it is loss, then it's grief. if it is sexual, then it is pure passion, etc.

I don't shoot for mediocrity, but simplicity: a big difference, imo (which this particular lyric is not - think Dylan:D )

• Members

I'd like to see the title/tagline repeated a lot more throughout this piece, just because it's strong and I like the sound of it.
:)

you did bite off quite a chunk here, old relationship, new relationship, new relationship getting old...

at
least
two songs, but why not; the lines are well constructed and thoughts clearly expressed.

one thing I always wonder about each lyric writer is if they sing along while writing and/or hear music while composing lyric. I almost always do.

anyway best wishes for good writing experiences.
:thu:

this is intense, no question and yet I can't change my perspective yet without butchering the emotions that birthed it.

unfortunately, I am not a good musician but I write and often "hear" music :facepalm:

help me reconstruct it here to show me what you mean. is that okay to do here?

wheat/chaf

• Members

There really is a lot here.

I find that with a very full set of lyrics like this it becomes important that you keep an open mind to change when you start putting them to music. You may find yourself condensing some thoughts to fit a strong melody or cadence.

You may also end up cherry-picking from the lot as your emotions get boiled down in the process.

Not sure that this is so negative. Writing about the many paths that love takes is more about change.

agreed. I purge then try to rework it (such as this submission) or process with snippits of connected emotions & thoughts built on napkins and newspapers, then compile with random commonsense:o:D

as time will show here, generally, my purging is generally more freeflowing and far more simplistic than this one piece...

• Members

at
least
two songs, but why not; the lines are well constructed and thoughts clearly expressed.

anyway best wishes for good writing experiences.
:thu:

pretty much agree here, You got ALOT said and it's gonna take some doing to keep it in the listeners attention once the music is put to it. It's going to be long song and you have to keep in mind once you have the listener you gotta keep 'em. Not saying the lyrics aren't strong but it's going to depend a lot on the music as well.

• Members

this is intense, no question and yet I can't change my perspective yet without butchering the emotions that birthed it.

unfortunately, I am not a good musician but I write and often "hear" music
:facepalm:

help me reconstruct it here to show me what you mean. is that okay to do here?

wheat/chaf

I don't think I can help reconstruct or edit it while maintaining your perspective. I doubt my take on your song would be an improvement in terms of communicating your experience. maybe someone else might want to take a swing at it, though. I was just trying to suss out the overall rythym and maybe thinking of employing the title in a chorus. it's your song. :cool:

don't understand the facepalm, I'm much more verbal than musical; music is somehow too "mathy" for my brain, and that's just the way it is. so I make up simple songs. ;)

I note this lyric is well over a year old. if this is not a recent rewrite maybe you could have at it again? if it is a recent rewrite and you don't wish to revise further at this time then you can always put it away for a while. sometimes reapproaching the work later is helpful if I'm doing other writing in the meantime. if when I try to readdress the topic at a later time I find it has become irrelevant, well, that's helpful too.

I think pretty much everything is okay in this forum except cover songs or being a jerk to people. there's a sticky; that's probably what it says. :idk::lol:

Archived