anybody have a hiwatt or vox VST plugin?

newholland

• Members

rr.. yeah-- i'm enjoying the simulanalog jcm900.. but it sounds about as much like ME as a rectifier would... :facepalm:

i've messed about with both channels, and i think i've run out of options.

hmph.. i hate to throw money out on revalver or something when i KNOW i'd use like ONE of the amp sims... and i'd rather spend $99 on tubes! this is just for shorthand stuffs... so it's not THAT important.. i'm just having such a blast recording silently!

• Members

amplitube actually has a decent AC30 model. it's called like.. TB30

i like amplitube for CLEAN compressed tones, anything other than that and it's poppycock unless you disable the cabinet on amplitube and use an impulse cabinet plug-in after it.

• Members

i like amplitube for CLEAN compressed tones, anything other than that and it's poppycock unless you disable the cabinet on amplitube and use an impulse cabinet plug-in after it.

I want to try this impulses thing but I have no idea what it really is or how to do it :o Tips?

I can get ok rock sounds out of Amplitube 2, like this :idk: It's ok for t3h br33thulz as well.

• Members

i've got boogex already, which is very good at making decent cab impulses... just a bit of a resource hog.. but i run my sounds pretty dry anyhow for scratchboarding for clarity.

might haveta give it a try... hmm..

• Members

i've got boogex already, which is very good at making decent cab impulses... just a bit of a resource hog.. but i run my sounds pretty dry anyhow for scratchboarding for clarity.

might haveta give it a try... hmm..

ah, well for me aplitube takes up at 24% and boogex another 12% my computer is usually at 48% when i'm recording which isn't bad at all. i only have 2 gigs of ram in my compy.

• Members

google up voxengo boogex
:thu:
it's free

those clips actually sound very good! i can't get tones like that for some reason from my amplitube.. grr!

ah, well for me aplitube takes up at 24% and boogex another 12% my computer is usually at 48% when i'm recording which isn't bad at all. i only have 2 gigs of ram in my compy.

I review everything but when I actually record for me I split my time between 80% X-Gear (which, with the addition of Fender, just has every damn thing in the world, it's nuts), 15% ReValver MkIII for the Peaveys and their killer Vox, and 5% TH1 since I really like its SLO (it'll probably be more soon, maybe make ht 70%/15%/15%, the 1.1 update is a GREAT patch with a lot of new content totally for free). For quick tracks I use StudioDevil because it's just so fast to set up a tone, click click click rock. Good sound quality, too, just no effects.

I just get along with Amplitube's workflow really well. I never have trouble doing what I want to do, and I can nail the tone in my head really quickly. YMMV, of course. It's on sale right now, the full Powered By Amplitube bundle (not Fender obviously since it's just about to hit shelves) for $299. That's Amplitube 2, Jimi Hendrix, Metal, and Ampeg SVX, for $299.

• Members

I review everything but when I actually record for me I split my time between 80% X-Gear (which, with the addition of Fender, just has every damn thing in the world, it's nuts), 15% ReValver MkIII for the Peaveys and their killer Vox, and 5% TH1 since I really like its SLO (it'll probably be more soon, maybe make ht 70%/15%/15%, the 1.1 update is a GREAT patch with a lot of new content totally for free). For quick tracks I use StudioDevil because it's just so fast to set up a tone, click click click rock. Good sound quality, too, just no effects.

I just get along with Amplitube's workflow really well. I never have trouble doing what I want to do, and I can nail the tone in my head really quickly. YMMV, of course. It's on sale right now, the full Powered By Amplitube bundle (not Fender obviously since it's just about to hit shelves) for $299. That's Amplitube 2, Jimi Hendrix, Metal, and Ampeg SVX, for $299.

I use amplitube for everything now, just.. with external cab software.

I already have amplitube 2/metal/hendrix was thinking of getting the x-gear but i think it would just be wasting money.. it would be nice though to have the plug-in with everything available instead of having to load up two instances of it.

I WANT amplitube fender.

also, have you heard of the axe-fx software?

• Members

X-gear doesn't cost money, it's free to any registered user. I have heard of the AxeFX software, but neither me nor anyone else outside of Cliff maybe has actually heard it, and the last update was some time ago with pictures of a rather dated looking GUI (but he got a lot of feedback on it so it's possible that he'll have a sleeker plugin when it comes out). There has been a lot of concern in the general modeling community over his warning that if you "want a cheap modeler, buy Guitar Rig or Amplitube" with something else about cheap sound (which is a pretty :rolleyes: thing to say, in my opinion), and that his proposed copy protection method is going to be tying it to a mandatory hardware interface with the AxeFX front-end built into it. Also, any professionals that I've talked to about it are puzzled at why he's releasing it VST rather than RTAS, given its likely very high price and claims of its inherent superiority to other products - that's the ProTools market, not the general market. It is my opinion that he should rethink the copy protection strategy and remember that software must be competitively priced regardless of how highly the manufacturer thinks of it in order to succeed at the market. But of course time will tell, and his marketing thus far has been enormously successful, his customers repeat it nearly verbatim in forums just like this one whenever a thread comes up. And the sound quality is indeed fantastic, totally competitive with the best software modelers.

• Members

Hm! interesting points, Agreed.

I think that he's a bit paranoid with the whole security issue, personally. there are some software programs right now that are proving to be incredibly difficult to permanently crack ala- guitar rig 3.

whatever though, we'll wait and see what happens.

and about x-gears, OH! i didn't know that it was free for registered users, I'll have to get it now.

Archived