New To This!

• Members

Hi Sam, Welcome to the forum.

I listened to View from the Window... I think the guitar is a bit loud as the vocals are struggling to be heard/understood in spots. There is also some overloading/clipping from the guitar. Can you please post the lyrics so we can read them? I think the song has a good flow to it and is a good acoustic/rock sort of song that carries you along nicely...

• Members

The recordings are a bit rough around the edges I know. Here are the lyrics for View From This Window

The view from this window

Takes me back

Every time

The trees in silhouette

And the hedgerow

On the skyline

Back to endless revision

Summer exams, 79

The great famine

And the footprint of ice

Upon the land

The view from this window

It

• Members

Hi, I'm new to this so don't really know what to expect. Here are a few of my songs, can't tell if they have any merit at all! I'd be interested in what you have to say.

Link

Welcome to the SW forum, Sam!

I'm listening to "View from this Window"...

I like the feel, it captures the autumnal nostalgia that seems to creep up on us as the shadows lengthen into winter. Your voice on this has a very nice feel reminiscent of Al Stewart (and actually the song makes me think a little of some of his own musings).

"Doodle" came on while I was writing this... I have to say that I so much more enjoy the sound of your acoustic guitar here, sans electrification. The p/u created that thin, plinky sound that p/u's on acoustics so often do.

Good stuff, nice feel. I'm listening to "Road to Bethlehem" as I wrap this up... another one with a winsome, bemused folkie feel. I really enjoy your voice.

• Members

View from this window. Critique.

Good guitar tempo and technique, very sombre, like the subtle

vocals you put forward. Talk of school and famine. Nice way of playing

with emotions.

---

In all a good set of songs, with View From This Window

being the most powerful one in my opinion and Doodle being the most

fun one.

Archived