Does Michael Angelo Batio wear a wig?

Mr R Gecko

• Members

+1

we wanna know:poke:

The search function isn't being at all helpful, so I asked if anyone over there might have a link to the thread. It was a while back, so I don't remember exactly what went down, alas. :idk: I remember it was pretty :lol:-worthy and kinda bizarre, but that's to be expected.

• Members

He actually showed up in Guitar Jam once in response to a thread making fun of him. IIRC he got teh bant.
:facepalm:

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

In all honesty, he seems like a nice guy. I watched his Speed Kills or whatever instructional video from way back when, when he had the aluminum V guitar (:facepalm:) and he was actually pretty funny...

• Like 1

• Members

My Bass player Quincy... Big tall black dude who's absolutely the nicest guy you've ever met saw him at some sort of tribute gig. You know, a bunch of has-been guitarists up there together jamming. Anyway, Quincy said he was such an ass that he just kept playing all over everybody and wouldn't give anyone a second. Finally someone grew a brain and just shut his feed to the House down and he just sort of went away and everyone jammed on. Evidently (Quincy is laughing his ass off in the recounting of the story at this point so I might have misinterpreted him) Michael Angelo had not a clue and just kept right on trying to go "weedly weedly weedly" and everyone had a good laugh at him.

F-ing Douche from what I can see, but I've never met the dude.

• Members

Supposedly, he posted at the Guitar World forums as well.

http://www.guitarworld.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=32434&hilit=michael+angelo+batio

He really seems intent on the "I've been signed to, count 'em, TWO major record labels :blah:"

Michael, people who don't like your music don't give two peanut shits about what labels you've signed to, what Mike Varney says about you, whether or not you can "outshred" some other dude... none of that matters if they don't like your music.

Not that Mike will ever read this but still... be a man, play your guitar. If the only way you respond to criticism is by waving meaningless bullshit like that in people's faces, well that doesn't exactly demand my respect. FWIW.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

I don't get the Wig thing it's looks horrible. If I looked at myself and saw that I would throw it in the garbage. If your normal hair is that bad shave you head or get a Mohican. The guy is great but I can't take him seriously looking at that.

• Members

Genetics has come a long way since 2009. it has finally been proven that this guy,

johann-sebastian-bach-9194289-1-402.jpg.81e4f3609b6261f116d30b2ad2f06c3e.jpg

and a select group of others from his time were actually a separate species recently defined as Homo Decoratus. The intricate folding that adorns the cranium is actually bone growth and current thinking states it is, "probably physically connected to synaptic regions and functioned as heat dissipation." ***

As the world flourished these extraordinary creatures became afflicted with a myriad of maladies and eventually became extinct.

*** Nigel Tufnel "The Evolution of Eleven"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members

I've been watching his video lessons on YouTube. A lot of talking. He seems really defensive too. Always, "I have a music degree from North Western", and "I was signed to Warner Bros. twice" and "Mike Varney said I may be the greatest unknown guitarist in America (in 1983)."

Okay. How about the lesson though.