Sinister Shenanigans

Johnny-Boy

• Members

Your ears are pretty good I think.... this sounds good to me.... Really well suited to commercial use (movie/TV/radio etc).

This is a little different, well maybe a lot different, than the stuff I've heard of yours in the past. This is more orchestral than piano.

Super stuff sir...:cool:

• Members

Good to know my ears aren't totally shot Ido. Yes, I'm doing more orchestration work these days. There seems to be a market for it in film & TV.

Best, John:cool:

pretty cool stuff, how do you go about writting parts, is it done on a fancy synthesiser or something else

• Members

pretty cool stuff, how do you go about writting parts, is it done on a fancy synthesiser or something else

Thanks Mikeo!

Most of my writing is done at the piano with pen and manuscript. Then I play the parts one by one into Logic Pro. At that time I do make changes if necessary.

I've only been using Logic Pro for about a month. I still have a lot more to learn about it.

Best, John:cool:

• Members

Sounds great to me man. Very nicely done. I love the dynamics and the dramatic nature of the music. As you and others have mentioned, this would work very well behind some kind of video (film, tv, etc).

Thanks Speierg! It's good to know the mix is there.

Now if I could hear it on a topnotch system (with bass woofs) so I can be sure there's enough depth.

In the mastering section of Logic Pro I can add fx's to the mix. Some are Cinematic, Broadcast Quality, etc., etc. Not sure if it needs it though. I hate adding extra fx's if it isn't needed. Usually they're a "give and take" improvement - and a dynamic killer.

Somebody told me to go to a store that sells topnotch sound systems and bring my CD along as a tester (for me, not their system :lol:).

Best, John

• Members

http://schicksville.com/Music/SinShan2.mp3

lunatic2.jpg

Some instruments sound quite real... others... well, you know. If it was easy for a machine to emulate 100 guys and gals in evening clothes, more people might do it... that said, most folks will not have the same compositional skills or feel for melody and incident you do.

I like the Elfman-does-Bartok feel.

• Members

Some instruments sound quite real... others... well, you know. If it was easy for a machine to emulate 100 guys and gals in evening clothes, more people might do it... that said, most folks will
not
have the same compositional skills or feel for melody and incident you do.

I like the Elfman-does-Bartok feel.

Thanks Blue!

It seems most soundtracks today are a mixture of real and unreal. My concern anymore is just to try and make it sound good. In fact one of my publishers said to mix some fx's and atmospheric samples in with the orchestra.

Of course, another publisher adds several tracks of real string players to really confuse the listening audience. Anyway, it

Archived