It's funny what sparks a song into existence.

Ontological

• Members

I went to dinner at Mosun a yuppie sushi bar in Laguna Beach, CA with some friends a few months back. After dinner was over the waitress gave us some free passes to go upstairs to the posh discotheque so originally named, "Club M". (Wow that must have been a real brain strain, coming up with that name). Anywho...So we get upstairs and of course nobody is dancing. Everyone is standing around sipping their drinks and staring up at the stage toward the front of the club. What were they all looking at? There was a a girl, not all that attractive, but she was female, and she was dancing with her burning torches twisting all about and I turn to my wife and say, "There's a song right there. 'Hey Firedancer!'" So from that night came this:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=960990

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Deric

Firedancer

Verse 1

You

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

COol! I too had an interesting spark of inspiration.

WHile talking to my guitar player about how I've figured out how to use my laptop and mic interface to use the computer as a real-time guitar preamp/effects unit, my 48 year old guitar player said 'Yeah, technology is pretty amazing. . . I feel kinda gypped, though, where's my jetpack?'

That has sparked a groovin' little number called 'Where's my Jetpack' that talks about how far off the old sci-fi predictions where for where technology would be today...

Here's what I've got so far:

Verse 1

Back in the Day, people used to say

give it time our cars will fly and we can race across the way

A robot cutie will clean up the place

you may decide to go back in time or take a joyride out in space

WOn't need to tip the Ultra bar-maid 66

She's programmed with a heavy hand to give you a little liquid strength

WOn't have to grow old, you just keep your soul

Jacked into the net, never forget the good old days of rock and roll

It's wordy, but with the music I have written, I think it'll be a fun tune!

Check out the music so far

• Members

Sounds good. You see songs can come from anywhere and at anytime even when they're least expected. I went to Nashville for vacation and was doing some grocery shopping and noticed that the top 3 items listed on the menu board for aisle 19 was eggs, butter and beer. And from that I wrote a funny country song called, (you guessed it) Eggs, butter and beer. I'll post it later. I'm looking forward to listening to your song once you have the vocals recorded.

Cheers,

Deric

• Members

Cool, shooting a bass part your way now!

Thanks man! Sounds great! Now I just have to remember how to import that file into protools.

I need a drummer too. You wouldn't happen to know a drummer that would be interested do you?

Cheers,

Deric

• Members

This is REALLY freakin' good! I just got so hooked into this song. Very well-written. Even if you're not into this type of music, I think many people can appreciate this song. I think if some soft drums came in around the 3rd verse and then busted out harder into the 2nd chorus, it may even add a little something extra to this song...just my opinion. Very nice song though.

• Members

Hold me close up firedancer... OUCH! NOT THAT CLOSE FIREDANCER! BACK OFF! I had a sitar that I wanted to give away? But I didn't? Because I didn't give a sit"ar" Did you write and record this before? Or after you were peaking?

If by "peeking" you mean before I joined HC, then I wrote this before I ever new HC existed.

Do you still play the sitar because the sitar part in mine is midi. I'd love to get the real thing recorded. I've got the project up on Kompoz if you'd like to record the sitar part?

Cheers,

Deric

• Members

Thanks man! Sounds great! Now I just have to remember how to import that file into protools.

I need a drummer too. You wouldn't happen to know a drummer that would be interested do you?

Cheers,

Deric

Sure, checkout hififrey in my (I'm following or I'm Kompozin' with) areas . He's my drummer in real-life and he's on Kompoz! Good guy!

Archived