My first recording using the new Reaper DAW

333maxwell

• Members

I've been meaning to upgrade my 16 year old Cakewalk Audio softwae and computer..

ok ok.. it still sounds like me.. but there are simply things I could not have done with the other stuff.. the dynamics in the middle.. the change of tempos and drums about 3/4's of the way through.. the guitar ending etc etc.. so while it still sounds just like me I could have never done it as quick or efficient as with the new set up..

There is a few clicks and pops and ticks occasionally that were not on the master, and I didn't turn it into an MP3 in Reaper.. so I probably need to just re-cut the MP3.. every once in awhile I get one a bit glitchy..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676362&songID=7739903

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.. I do think I have outgrown just using headphones for all my mixes too.. so I think I am going to look into some semi decent monitors.. it anyone knows of some seriously decent ones in about the 500 dollar range (just entry level mind you.. but good enough for me and my one ear) do speak up..

• Members

Thanks for the ears and the times everyone.. thanks.. I needed that.. *G*

The song has actually fell to a few bad reviews to which of course I take to heart.. because I like the song.. or I wouldn't of made it.. I guess we all know how that one goes..

Thanks again.. much appreciated..

Peace~!

• Members

I can't imagine why or who would give this a bad review,,,I've listened to it ( third time as I type this) I really like the subtle harmony lead work sounds great, only wish I could understand some of the lyrics,, probably just my ears,, great job :thu:

Man! I be highly impressed !

where be the lyrics?

Archived