my first original posted on YT

Jimbow

• Members

Here is a song I wrote for my dad- kinda fun- it's from my perspective of a true event that happened when I was 14 years old- (now 53!) so it must have left a lasting impression! Thanks for any input- feel free to leave it on YT or here.

• Members

Jimbow

Welcome to the Songwriting Forum.

The basic mission of the forum is the discussion of the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on new songs and other works in progress. Of course, giving thoughtful comment requires some time and energy.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

I hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you. And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit.

:)

blue2blue

moderator, songwriting forum

SW Forum Guidelines and Resources

When folks in the Songwriting Forum give comments on songs, it's not usually, Hey, you rock, great song! -- but rather a laundry list of what folks think might stand improvement in the song.

If that's not what you're looking for on your YT page, you might want to ask to keep the constructive criticism here.

• Members

Hey, Jimbow, I just noticed there's no link to the YT video...

You can just paste the full YT URL into your message and the BB system should turn it into a clickable link.

But you can also embed the video using this board's YouTube tags.

To post a video using this BB's YouTube tags (which allows the video to embed in the forum page), use just the ID code for your YouTube vid: if the URL of your video is, say, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jngc1DobXqA -- you would simply use the final string of letters and numbers behind the equal sign (in this case, Jngc1DobXqA) between the BB YouTube tags, not the whole URL. (If you're in edit mode, rather than initial post mode, you might have to click Go Advanced to get the YouTube button up on the message edit toolbar.) In some cases there may be an extra bit of formatting tagged onto the end of the URL with an ampersand [&]. In that case you want the string of letters and numbers between the v= and the &...

• Members

Its a virtual song,, The new Basquiat of our time. seriously put up a link and thanks b2b for explaing how to embed .. i couldnt figure that out before and asked and noone would help..

Teach a man to fish

• 2 weeks later...

Archived