A couple new tunes from me.

Thrustin

• Members

I have been on a writing tear over the last month.

Here are two songs I wrote within the few days.

SOME EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Let me know what you think. I have ideas for improvement, just seeing what you think.

• Members

I really dug "The Perfect Gentleman." I laughed, but I also thought the music was interesting and compelling to listen to. I especially liked the vocal performance. The riffs were cool. It has a kind of classic feel and I can imagine a lot of people would dig it. I know I'd gladly listen to the song again.

"Attention Whore" went completely flat for me. Aside from the production value, I am sorry to say that I really didn't like anything about it.

• Members

You're a real artist dude, either ahead of your time, or maybe out of time. I don't know. Your Andrew W.K.-esque conviction in what your doing is heartening.

You really have something with the Attention whore. That chorus is insanely catchy. It could have been a disco hit, or ripping chorus for a hip-hop song. But your rapping ... needs work. Also, not knowing who Billy Blow is, I didn't really care to hear his boasts in the second versus. Have you thought about simply spinning a yarn in the versus about this attention whore in that spot-on sing/speak stylie of yours?

I don't even know what to make of Perfect Gentlemen, dude. At first I hated it. But I can't stop listening to it, though. You might be brilliant.

• Members

One more thought Perfect Gentlemen: You might take this as a compliment. Maybe not. But some parts of this song made me think of those Bud Light Commercials on the radio? You know those Real Mean of Genius spots? Especially when your raging about the bass being broken and the guy being a jerk in person as well. The talking/gusto singing. I Love those ads. They're bloody brilliant. But I don't know if that's the kind of farce you were going for.

• Members

One more thought Perfect Gentlemen: You might take this as a compliment. Maybe not. But some parts of this song made me think of those Bud Light Commercials on the radio? You know those Real Mean of Genius spots? Especially when your raging about the bass being broken and the guy being a jerk in person as well. The talking/gusto singing. I Love those ads. They're bloody brilliant. But I don't know if that's the kind of farce you were going for.

I know what your talking about...when I sing "There's another dude I want to talk about."

Thanks for the kind words.

Billy Cool is the leader of the band. He is me. I am the Whips too. He is an attachment to my online persona(s). What I do is hang out on the internet until something inspires me. Then, I usually write, record and post within 24 hours. A lot of my songs are timely. I should probably revisit these songs and make them a bit more accessible.

Archived