JB Brubaker (August Burns Red) 5150 settings if anyone gives a.

KsE fan

• Members

they dont have that great of tone.

so no.

i dont give a {censored}ing {censored}.

They have great tone... if you're saying this because of the album they put out titled "messengers" it sounds very compressed and shrill because they mastered the CD at a very high volume. I know what you mean... every time they hit a cymbal it hurts.

• Members

they dont have that great of tone.

so no.

i dont give a {censored}ing {censored}.

I disagree. I don't like that band much anymore. I liked thrill seeker a lot. Not their latest effort as much, BUT...their latest album had a pretty god damn polished guitar tone. That entire album was produced pretty much flawlessly.

• Members

They have great tone... if you're saying this because of the album they put out titled "messengers" it sounds very compressed and shrill because they mastered the CD at a very high volume. I know what you mean... every time they hit a cymbal it hurts.

Neither of their previous albums had better tone than messengers.

• Members

... "messengers" sounded like it was done perfect... then one night before they released the album a troll snuck into the studio and put a sonic maximizer in front of everything and THEN they put out the album.

• Members

Neither of their previous albums had better tone than messengers.

Probably true but the tone is hiding somewhere it sounds over compressed and hi-fy if that makes sense... they just finished the album today or yesterday (the new one) and the tone is all peavey 5150 II but live they both run modded 5150's with maxon boosts. Used to be 5150 for JB with ts9 and vht d120 with maxon od808 for brent but now, both 5150s!

• Members

Probably true but the tone is hiding somewhere it sounds over compressed and hi-fy if that makes sense... they just finished the album today or yesterday (the new one) and the tone is all peavey 5150 II but live they both run modded 5150's with maxon boosts. Used to be 5150 for JB with ts9 and vht d120 with maxon od808 for brent but now, both 5150s!

I've never seen brent use a 5150 live. Every time I've seen him, he's had the same rack with a deliverance and a framus cobra. JB used a 5150 II(He had a piece of red cloth with the phillies logo covering the grill on the front, lol) the last time I've seen him. Before that, I'm pretty sure he {censored}ed around with a Framus CS head(Not talked about too often), boosted with a maxon.

• Members

Pre 4

Low 6

Mid 6.5 - 7

High 6

Post 2.5

Res 7

Pres 5.5

JB uses ESP and Ibanez guitars with EMG 81's in the bridge.

and used to use a ts9 boost but these days uses a maxon od808.

Nice, those are pretty much my settings. My 5150 is bias and clarity modded so I put my pre gain on 4.5. And my post gain is around 3.5-4 :thu:

Archived