song of random thoughts

thirstnhowl

• Members

Here's a link to a song I wrote and recorded called:" Shake the Ground" I played the intro riff thru an old boombox and a small practice amp. The solo's where played thru a homemade vibratone type speaker. I thought it might be fun to write a song consisting of random thoughts strung together (pun intended) Your feedback (oh man another one!) is welcomed.

www.myspace.com/dukncover54

• Members

It sounds a bit like McCartney producing a heroin-era Lennon song. I'm not too interested in the lyrics I'm hearing, but I'm not into the whole stream of consciousness thing. I like the overall sound of the track, but it feels a little up-in-the-air to me, like you don't land on the root tone enough--the whole thing causes slight anxiety.

How'd you build the vibratone speaker? It sounds like there's a keyboard before the guitar... are both through the vibratone? The keyboard sounds awesome.

• Members

Pretty cool - way cooler than I thought it would be from the thread title. The Leslie sounds great. I'm not really hearing the Beatles so much as the Smithereens (especially on What U Mean 2 Me - Prince spelling notwithstanding).

I guess the takeaway message is that random lyrics are much easier to consume than random music.

• Members

interestingly, i'm hearing a lot of influences from the third great invasion of british rock in the early ot's, except that i'd be pretty sure that flew under the OP's radar since most of it wasn't very good (wait for it this turns into a compliment) i guess what i mean is that there's a lot of brit-blues influence but it sounds mature, it's not a throwback, it has progressed with the times and absorbed the world around it while crafting a niche of its own. i like it.

killer, killer guitar tone.

had it not been stated that the lyrics were completely random, i would have said i saw a clear story, which may say something about our individual arbitrary notions of random and the patterns that bubble to the surface from a cauldron of chaos (a theory known as Emergence, of which I am a lifestyle-subscriber). i can dig it.

Archived