Marko

• Members

Don't forget, Marko, posting threads here is for workshopping songs, getting feedback on songs you're actually working on.*

With regard to that, I'm going to merge your video thread with this month's Monthly Showcase thread, where all sorts of posts from band news to full blown blatant self-promo is welcome.

:)

*(Sadly, if we didn't restrict it to that, the forum would soon be overrun with promo post threads, all with one post, that no one ever looks at. That's what happens elsewhere.)

• Members

First, no problem at all posting this here, especially given the givens, I just wanted to let you know I was moving the video into the Showcase thread... unfortunately the moved link just drops you at the top of the thread.

With regard to my feedback, I honestly didn't realize I'd never given you any feedback, I'm kind of surprised. I have listened to some of your songs. In fact, I tried to watch your vid earlier but my connection decided to get hinky on me.

But, you know, there's not much rhyme or reason to when or why I give feedback. I like to try to do a good job -- and I'm not always in the right mood to to do so and, of course, it takes some time.

A lot of times if I see a song is already getting a lot of feedback, I'll try to see if there are other songs that haven't got any yet. Seems to me like yours often get a lot of posts, so that may be a factor. Anyhow, I'll try to remedy that. I like to spread the tough love around. :D

And, for sure, I welcome you speaking your mind, otherwise I might not know what you're thinking.

And now on to the song...

A real bar band anthem, this! I really like the attitude, love to see it sung in the kind of dives I used to crawl, it would fit right in.

I think this is my favorite verse:

We'll probably get stiffed for this gig

But little do they know

There's no way they can hurt us now

Cause there ain't no lower to go

That's tellin' 'em.

Hell... why not name the band Heart-Broke and Busted and then you'd have an anthem for a band theme song. I can see the fists pumping now.

;)

I'll try to keep an eye out for your songs in the future, too, Marko. We'll make up for lost time. :)

Archived