SEPTEMBER 2009 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, gossip...

blue2blue

• Members

SEPTEMBER 2009 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, gossip...

Here's the Official Showcase Thread (Sept 2009) where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

:)

previous showcase threads

August 2009

July 2009 [no posts]

June 2009

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008

November 2008

October 2008

• Members

The new guitar is a Telecaster Custom II. It has P90s!!! :rawk:

100_1065.jpg

She's the 6% I wrote this a couple of weeks ago for a couple's newborn daughter. I really wanted to get the skronk out of these pups. The vocal in the verses is done with a Green Bullet mic, the one that harp players use.

I Know Your Name I wrote this one 15 years ago. While the rhythm, lead, and slide gits are the Tele (through a Pignose), the bass is actually a Peavey Reactor (telecopy) with all the treble rolled off a la Brewer Phillips from Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers. Drum is a pandeiro, a Brazilian tambourine.

Love Is Not Loved Enough I wrote this one three weeks ago while at daily Mass and recorded it a couple of hours later. The guitar effect is a Vibratone and a bit of gain. I've been pleasantly surprised by the response I've had from this one. I could've have sworn that I got the title & chorus from Saint Francis of Assisi, but I can't seem find the reference. I just knew that I had read in a book while dropping off to sleep. Perhaps it was some kind of hypnagogic vision.

These three tracks were recorded using a Zoom H4n and then dl'd into GarageBand for mixing.

• Members

Geez.... ok ok already

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago for a couple's newborn daughter. I really wanted to get the
skronk
out of these pups. The vocal in the verses is done with a Green Bullet mic, the one that harp players use.

Definitely getting the skronk. Nice playing. The Green Bullet adds an interesting dynamic. Is her name Ho-Livia?

I wrote this one 15 years ago. While the rhythm, lead, and slide gits are the Tele (through a Pignose), the bass is actually a Peavey Reactor (telecopy) with all the treble rolled off a la Brewer Phillips from Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers. Drum is a pandeiro, a Brazilian tambourine.

Nice straightfoward blues. Great raunchy sound on the slide. The lead could be a little brighter tonewise, but very well played.

I wrote this one three weeks ago while at daily Mass and recorded it a couple of hours later. The guitar effect is a Vibratone and a bit of gain. I've been pleasantly surprised by the response I've had from this one. I could've have sworn that I got the title & chorus from Saint Francis of Assisi, but I can't seem find the reference. I just knew that I had read in a book while dropping off to sleep. Perhaps it was some kind of hypnagogic vision.

This is more like what I usually expect in a Stackabones track. Very pretty lines on the acoustic and vocal melody - that chord in the middle is a little freaky, but it's not too far out to kill the melodic vibe. Chorus is great - that St. Francis does good work. The electric leads are fine, if not completely necessary. My favorite of the bunch.

• Members

This is more like what I usually expect in a Stackabones track. Very pretty lines on the acoustic and vocal melody - that chord in the middle is a little freaky, but it's not too far out to kill the melodic vibe. Chorus is great - that St. Francis does good work. The electric leads are fine, if not completely necessary. My favorite of the bunch.

Man, I'm so glad you noticed that chord. It is freaky, but I really dig it. That progression in the chorus is Fmaj7 [1x2210] C7add11/G* [3x3310] Am C. I like how it creates just enough tension.

*just a guess, really ... I could be some freaky species of Gm.

Thanks for the review. :) :) :)

• Members

Listened to 3 first...really sparse sound yet everything needed is there. Your stuff always seems to be less is more. Nice

Listened to 2 second. Good bluesy kinda groove.

Listened to 1 third...didn't care for this one...the chorus sounded off key or not clean. 2 for 3...hitting .667...pretty good.

Pretty much the order I liked...3,2,1...thanks for sharing.

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago for a couple's newborn daughter. I really wanted to get the
skronk
out of these pups. The vocal in the verses is done with a Green Bullet mic, the one that harp players use.

I wrote this one 15 years ago. While the rhythm, lead, and slide gits are the Tele (through a Pignose), the bass is actually a Peavey Reactor (telecopy) with all the treble rolled off a la Brewer Phillips from Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers. Drum is a pandeiro, a Brazilian tambourine.

I wrote this one three weeks ago while at daily Mass and recorded it a couple of hours later. The guitar effect is a Vibratone and a bit of gain. I've been pleasantly surprised by the response I've had from this one. I could've have sworn that I got the title & chorus from Saint Francis of Assisi, but I can't seem find the reference. I just knew that I had read in a book while dropping off to sleep. Perhaps it was some kind of hypnagogic vision.

These three tracks were recorded using a Zoom H4n and then dl'd into GarageBand for mixing.

• Members

skronk

I liked "Love is Not Loved Enough" the most aswell.

Where the other 2 songs are more light and mood driven. This one has the production, lyrics sound, and mood that all compliment eachother. Giving it that complete work of art feel.

In particular the sound of the acoustic, with the light clean lead work that highlight parts of the melody. And you sing it like you believe what you are singing.

I enjoyed my listen. Thanks for sharing!

• Members

Waiting To Shine

by Bat's Brew

groovy shuffle hard rock-blues style

HOLY GUITARS BATMAN!

Great sound!

This reminds me of the music I listened to while hanging out with old biker dealers while smoking good oldschool hash.

It makes me want to get really buzzed and see girls without their shirts on.

Production and recording is spot on. The harmony's that kick in later on are a nice addition during the solo. Great musicianship all around.

I love the way it ends too. Just like drones out into nothing with repeating effects , as if the machines have a mind of their own.

Thanks for sharing!

• Members

I liked "Love is Not Loved Enough" the most aswell.

Where the other 2 songs are more light and mood driven. This one has the production, lyrics sound, and mood that all compliment eachother. Giving it that complete work of art feel.

In particular the sound of the acoustic, with the light clean lead work that highlight parts of the melody. And you sing it like you believe what you are singing.

I enjoyed my listen. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the eartime. :)

I still can't get BATSBREW's link to load. :mad:

• Members

My band just finished our first album:thu:

You can listen to three tracks here:

myspace.com/theapexband

We had gear for two weeks and recorded ourselves, then I mixed and mastered it by myself. Whole project took a month and a half, and we went in to it with minimal experience.

• Members

Okay

Archived