So I got my first issue of American Songwriter

Chicken Monkey

• Members

It's not bad. Not a lot of songwriter-specific stuff in there; it's basically just a music magazine. There was, as I read it, ONE article specific to the craft of songwriting. There were good interviews, and decent reviews, and it's overall an attractive magazine. The editing is pretty bad--I've read two articles, and caught two typos--but it's a good read. I don't know if I'll renew my subscription, but I'd pick one up before a flight or something.

• Members

Too bad Performing Songwriter went kaput. I recall reading some good stuff in there while hanging out at the bookstores.

Oh, the irony.

It was a decent magazine, I only bought a few issues, never had a subscription, but it was craft-oriented. I actually intended to subscribe to PS, but it seems they went off the air the month I decided to order a magazine.

• Members

Too bad Performing Songwriter went kaput. I recall reading some good stuff in there while hanging out at the bookstores.

:cry:

that explains why I haven't been able to find it. I miss No Depression a lot too. Most of the time I really enjoy American Songwriter, but I thought the Wilco issue was a bit light.

• Members

Performing Songwriter was a good magazine the first couple of years. Really a shame it went down because even its last several issues were better than most other music related mags. I subscribed early in its day but after a while, I kind of felt it started to turn. Less about craft and became more like every other mag out there. Maybe thats why it went down???

Archived