Burn & Dissolve Demo

inais

• Members

Not exactly sure how to go about advertising songs that are half written, and probably will never be full written knowing me.

Anyways, this seems to be the section for uploading and sharing your songwriting skills, and look to get pointers.

The song I'm sharing was written about a month or so ago, out of boredom really. Now, please go gentle on the recording quality. I use a laptop and a toneport ux1, audacity - basically anything thats cheap - or free. Ive done the best I can for a poor musician.

Firstly the link to the song.

http://www.soundclick.com/thethirdnerve

Now, ive only just made that page, so if it doesnt work, maybe some help on how to fix it would be great?

Lyrics are as follows;

Burn and Dissolve

I

• Members

Thanks Jim.

I'd love to hear it with drums and bass too. But in my band its really hard to orchestrate slower songs without them sounding hollow or empty. Have had a few songs ruined by putting them in.

I'm also only the guitarist for the band, the frontman likes his frontman status.

If I can get a few quid together, and a few more songs - I'd someday like to get a producer to help me out and add things. Make some proper CD's and such.

Thanks for listening, I'm glad it moved you.

• Members

First a big, friendly cut-n-paste welcome to the Songwriting Forum!

The basic mission of the forum is the discussion of the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on new songs and other works in progress. Of course, giving thoughtful comment requires some time and energy.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

I hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you. And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit.

:)

blue2blue

moderator, songwriting forum

SW Forum Guidelines and Resources

You've found the right place to get and give feedback on works in progress and discuss songwriting. But the word 'advertise' definitely caught my eye, since this is a strictly work-oriented, no-promo forum and we do have a problem with perfectly nice folks coming through, looking to promote themselves as singers and songwriters -- and that is not what we're all about. Happily, looks like you're looking for what we're laying down. ;)

• Members

I love it when stuff gets put up like this.....all lo-fi and sincere.

This is a good song. I got caught up in it early, listened all the way through and definitely wanted to hear it again.

I think the refrain is exceptional. You drive it home to us by singing it three times, each time with a bit more emotion. I found myself waiting for it to come back around after the second time.

Back when I was 'the bass player' I would quite often get up and do some of my solo stuff during breaks.....if it was the right venue. Of course, the band was supportive of that and quite often breaks would turn into little sub-sets with one or two members joining in. My band was well served by all of that.....yours might be also.

You should work this tune up, get real confident with it and somehow get it out there.

You might work the ending a little more......something a bit more concise.

Good tune......got any more?

Archived