Mesa Stiletto Deuce II or Dual Rectifier

• Members

I'm just torn between the two. From what I heard, I like the clean tones better on the Stiletto but I'm not sure which crunch channels/Distortion sound are better suited for old school Metallica cover band. lol Stiletto or Dual Rec? I have the 4x12 straight Rectifier Cab

Im just picking from the two because they have the same price.

Any opinions would help.

• Members

Wow Stiletto huh? Doesn't Hetfield uses Rectifiers? not sure if its dual or Triple but in any case, we mostly play And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets Albums, playing it a half step down and do it like the live versions.

Still Stiletto?

Thanks Guyz!

• Members

The mesa rep in my area told me that Kirk Hammet had mesa make him a stiletto Deuce, but he had them re-bias it for 6l6's.

I think the Stiletto would be better for Metallica tones, Recto's are a bit too muddy most of the time. That said, I love my recto.

• Members

I wish i had this problem, I'd go with the Stiletto.

I tried both and went with the Stiletto. It just seem more versatile. Great clean and dirt tones. Does Marshall and Mesa tones exceptionally well...

• Members

Personally, I'd be looking at Mesa's Mark series. II, III, or IV would do the trick.

Mark V is coming out soon. Got to see one at a guitar show a little while back. Excellent piece of equipment...

• Members

The stiletto is still in my car.lol Haven't tried it yet. I will krank it up when I get to my studio.

RE: the Mark V Im sure it's a beast and will smoke both amps but it doesn't look as "menacing" as the Stiletto or the Recto. lol

• Members

Which amp is Floyd Mayweather?

I want one-a those!
:love:

the amp that talks a lot of shit about how tough they are, but wins by split decision against de la hoya cause he's too much of a puss to actually fight offensively. oh no he di'int! :eek:

• Members

the amp that talks a lot of shit about how tough they are, but wins by split decision against de la hoya cause he's too much of a puss to actually fight offensively. oh no he di'int!
:eek:

just about sums up a recto :facepalm: