Best song/s or style/artist for a broken mind/heart?

djowens123

• Members

I love all sort's of music/artists etc but there comes or has been a time in everyone's life that they turn to music for some kind of refuge eg broken heart, loss of a loved one, depression etc.

In time's of need, what are the song's/artists/styles of music you turn to?

For me i guess there are two. If things are really bad or are getting me down in some way then i tend to listen to Floyd. Kinda strange choice in someway as they can be very dark at times. However, i have loved floyd for so long being my favorite band that it feels like i'm home when i listen to them. I just get this "ah that's better" feeling. It's almost religious for me. Some of their songs are so uplifting too.

I've also got a soft spot for the blues when things are getting me down. Love early Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac... so sensitive... reaches right into your heart. (check him out) Also love all the other great bluesmen eg, Howlin Wolf, Buddy Guy, BBKing, Muddy Waters etc etc Some Led Zep blues have helped me through a lonely night or two and the early stones blues is always a great way to introduce anyone into the blues.

Your thoughts?

• Members

all the above are great, you might look into Tinsley Ellis, Tommy Castro, Cory Stevens, Savoy Brown w/ Kim Simmons, are just a few great blues players / bands I can think of off the top of my head.

Early Moody Blues works for me also, before they went commercial.

I can kick back and listen to any of these and make an all day adventure out of it.

• Members

Check out my stuff... Don't have any sharp objects close, and try to be on the ground floor.

Oh, and Jackson Browne does it for me... Fountian of Sorrow? Father on? For a Dancer? All bring tears to my eyes.

Don't let him fool ya about his stuff.... :thu: Robby be :rawk:

• Members

Thanks guy's for your reply's. Will check them out. Have you tried Peter Green blues? For me... it beats the rest! Not too fancy but very real.

yep +1 to Peter

also, check out Gary Moore's tribute to Peter Green /// Blues for Greeny ( think that's the right name of the cd)

• Members

LOL! Really, Jackson Browne, several of his songs will be played at my wake/funeral? For a Dancer? (A song I will cover soon) Father on? Fountian of Sorrow? And others? To this day, when I listen to them, they bring tears to my eyes... Not many artists can touch us this way? They are rare and special... And they effect different people differently? i.e., a song that brings tears to my eyes? Others may laugh at? That's the thing about music? It touches different people differently based on our life experiences? Our perceptions? Our feelings? And dare I say it? Our souls... We all have gifts, all of us, don't you forget it. You have a gift, and it is rare and special.

• Members
Another one for me is roy Buchanan. Sweet Dreams... some of the live songs are sensational, i also love the songs written by JJCale for drifting of to sleep with. It's like an adult teddy bear! Don't tell anyone i said that!!!!

Roy Buchanan was a master of the slow blues! :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Don't talk to me about the Wall. I listened to that OCD for years and it's gotta hit rock bottom before i go back there! Sometimes listen for "fun" but it is the lowest common denominator if things are really bad. If things are so bad it is the only album capable of lifting me! Is there anybody out there!!!!!

Archived