New to the forum, tell me whatchu guys think!

andywithay

• Members

Introducing the HCSWF Robo-Greeter Beta...

f6yqpfoX0E4

Text version:

First a big, friendly cut-n-paste welcome to the Songwriting Forum!

The basic mission of the forum is the discussion of the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on new songs and other works in progress. Of course, giving thoughtful comment requires some time and energy.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

I hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you. And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit.

:)

blue2blue

moderator, songwriting forum

SW Forum Guidelines and Resources

On to the song...

It's my rule not to weigh in on lyrics unless they're posted somewhere (too easy to get them wrong), but this sounds well glued together and shows a good grasp on contemporary conventional pop sensibilities. Particularly inviting is the outro with the ensemble vocal breaks. For those whose tastes lie in the pop rock mainstream, this should be a welcome addition to their playlists.

Of course, the best time to get feedback on songwriting is probably while the song is still in the process of being written. Happily, this track sounds pretty together, but if there were problems to sort out, it would probably be better to get at them early on rather than after you've got a nice, clean demo package already together.

:)

• Members

im sorry; i honestly posted this BEFORE i read the rules and policies of the forum and i found out about the monthly showcase thread. but thank you so much for the feedback. our vocalist and i worked hard on getting that right melody and structure for the chorus to stand out and be very "radio-ish''

this is pretty much a finished product that we are ready to pitch to people and whatnot but of course there is always room to redo some things as we all know. i was worried about the length? what do you guys think?

Archived