JANUARY 2010 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, gossip...

blue2blue

• Members

wBsHwf1FNBQ

JANUARY 2010 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, gossip...

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

:)

previous showcase threads

December 2009

November 2009

October 2009

September 2009

August 2009

July 2009 [no posts]

June 2009

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008

November 2008

October 2008

• Members

Good tune man, nice licks....
:thu:

Thanks.

I used to feel like my playing was ok - the problem was that I just needed to figure out how to record and mix myself properly. Now I feel like the recording and mixing are ok, it's my playing which is the real problem.

It's a voyage, I guess.

• Members

Hello Petri!

This is a perfect addition to our January Showcase Thread -- and I'm going to move it there, since posting in the main forum is reserved primarily for getting feedback on songs one is currently working on or discussing songwriting topics. But the monthly Showcase Threads are specifically for finished songs and other material that doesn't fit inside the tight focus of the work-oriented main forum.

So, I hope you won't mind, I'll move this post to the Showcase thread.

Take a look ar our Rules and Resources thread to get an idea of how to get the most out of the SW forum.

• Members

Cool, thanks! :)

Hello Petri
!

This
is a perfect addition to our January Showcase Thread -- and I'm going to move it there, since posting in the main forum is reserved primarily for getting feedback on songs one is currently working on or discussing songwriting topics. But the monthly Showcase Threads are specifically for finished songs and other material that doesn't fit inside the tight focus of the work-oriented main forum.

So, I hope you won't mind, I'll move this post to the Showcase thread.

Take a look ar our Rules and Resources
thread
to get an idea of how to get the most out of the SW forum.

• Members

Hope to see a lot of youand hear more of your sleek electronica!

"Can You Tame the Wind" has a nostalgic, dreamy quality spiked in places by provocatively syncopated beats... it suggests a moody, conflicted emotional quality... perfect for driving around on a rainy day lost in your own thoughts. (Watch out for pedestrians! :D )

• Members

"Can You Tame the Wind" has a nostalgic, dreamy quality spiked in places by provocatively syncopated beats... it suggests a moody, conflicted emotional quality... perfect for driving around on a rainy day lost in your own thoughts. (Watch out for pedestrians
!
:D
)

Wow cool analysis, thanks! :thu:

I must say I'm pretty satisfied with this tune. At some point I thought it's a cheesy (not that there's something wrong being a cheesy), but I think it turned out more like dreamy stuff :)

• Members

hullo. we are elective, a two-piece side project/experiment from syracuse (kayleigh) and vancouver (cj). we have 30 tracks in the works for our first full-length cd and the one that got finished first went up on our myspace. we would love to hear your thoughts. this was all done via ftp/email and we have never met in person.

http://www.myspace.com/elective

xo elective

related links:

http://www.thescarletending.com (kayleigh's band)

http://www.fortyfps.com (cj's production company)

• Members

Hello and welcome, elective!

I hope you won't mind if I merge your post into this thread so folks looking for finished works can find your track.

We have this special monthly showcase thread for finished works -- we like to keep the main forum clear for discussion and constructive criticism of works in progress as well as general discussions of songwriting. When you guys are in the middle of working on a song and want to get feedback, please feel free to start a thread with a link to it (and maybe post the lyrics if you want comments on them).

You might want to take a look at the SW forum's rules and resources sticky thread (always near the top of the forum listings) for guidelines on getting the most out of the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived