Where to submit songs for singer/songwriter competitions??

silverjess

• Members

I'm afraid I'm not much of a fan of such competitions, a number of which seem to exist more for their own sake and the benefit of their employees and directors and sometimes for those 'sponsoring' such contests.

Virtually all of them charge entrance fees and some of them seem little more than legalized lotteries -- where the people running the 'contest' get to decide who gets the prize.

• Members

I'm afraid I'm not much of a fan of such competitions, a number of which seem to exist more for their own sake and the benefit of their employees and directors and sometimes for those 'sponsoring' such contests.

Virtually all of them charge entrance fees and some of them seem little more than legalized lotteries -- where the people running the 'contest' get to decide who gets the prize.

Another issue is that those open to a public vote are little more than a contest of who can generate the most traffic to the site.

• Members

Yeah... although at least some of those are free to enter.

That said, they turn the contestant into a veritable pimp, trying to con his fans into giving the contest organizers their email address and possibly other info that the marketers behind it are eager to get.

As a fan, I don't participate in those.

• Members

Well, I created a site for guitarists to compete with eachother. Totally not-for-profit just something fun I do:

http://fretwar.com/

I'm looking to do other similar topics, since the software is fairly malleable.

If I did one for singer/songwriters, what would you expect it to do? Would the Fret War format work? Would be audio content, lyrical, or both?

Archived