Finally got this one mixed properly - been lingering a while

stickboymusic

• Members

Hello....again!

I have have had this one knocking round a while (recorded it a short time ago) but couldnt get the mix right so kinda abandoned it - think im finally happy with it

Nothing better than the breakdown of a relationship hidden inside a pop song haha

you think its missing anything? its rare i do bridge type sections but i hope this one works ok

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=977998&content=songinfo&songID=8653802

x

• Members

First impressions....I really like this. Things I like:

1. The different electric guitar parts panned to either side of the mix. Nice.

2. The harmonies during the chorus

3. The song as a whole...cool arrangement, instrumentation, etc.

4. The breakdown with the sidestick sounds

Nitpicky criticisms:

1. The tambourine seems to be a hair too far behind the beat in places

2. A couple of the harmony parts seem to be a tad off toward the end of the song

Great stuff here Stickboy! The more I listen to this one, the more I like it.

• Members

ha i may be slightly off in the timing....slightly i decided not to go pro tools mad and recorded this in adobe audition...no midi no grid just playing it properly... sometimes not correcting EVERY mistake (unless very noticable) is preferable to me... everything is over perfect these days!

• Members

4 stickboy posts at the top?? I do actually like this song though. The wide stereo spread seems to fit as this has a Beatles'esque sound to me. that high hat/tambo over there Actually I think this is really good, good job stick. I like your stuff almost as much as I like mine :-)

• Members

ha i may be slightly off in the timing....slightly i decided not to go pro tools mad and recorded this in adobe audition...no midi no grid just playing it properly... sometimes not correcting EVERY mistake (unless very noticable) is preferable to me... everything is over perfect these days!

I hear ya...like I said, it was a little nitpicky to bring those things up because they aren't song killers, but I was trying to be constructive and not just say, "another great song!" and then check out. :) Sometimes letting things be not quite perfect is exactly what the song needs.

• Members

Pretty nice song! To me, the drums sound a little weak in this mix, perhaps the rhythms in general from the guitars and everything else could be tighter.

A few times, the verse melody seems a little repetitive; I was expecting something a bit more variant. The chorus has a nice little hook, with nice vocal thickness.

Overall, I'd say that the rhythms and timing needs to be better. Hope this helps!

-Jeff

Archived