A New Song I Wrote

bobc

• Members

I just do this as a hobby, and perform at open mic nights in my area, but I love writing my own songs (even if their just stupid little songs). I could count all the covers that I know on one hand and still have a couple fingers left over...:)

I try to keep my songs simple because I'm not a very advanced musician, but I don't do it for a living and love doing it.

Anyway, I finished this song and would like to know what other people think of it. It's titled "Spend Some Time", and feel free to rate and/or comment if you would like to.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Hope you like it and thanks for watching/listening.

• Members

Cool song man...gave me a mellow 70's vibe (like Bread or America)...it'd be nice to hear a full production with drums, bass, backing vocals, etc. You've got a very soothing voice too...nice. You ended up with a pretty quality sound on the video too...it sure didn't sound like you were just playing in front of a camera and using the standard mic that comes with the camcorder. Whatever you did, it worked well.

• Members

Really very nice and enjoyable. Light and comfy.

I think I wanted to hear a break in that simple nice repeated chord pattern, though. The bridge does that. But I think it needs some different chord change or pattern at least as a turn-around between verses; something to break it up.

But very enjoyable. I could easily hear great harmony parts that could fill the choruses.

Archived