Is it possible that I could've written a decent song?

Thrustin

• Members

Totally 80s. The hit it and you won't forget it won't have to admit it is pretty funny.

But I don't think it's your best song. I like some of your other stuff better. Didn't you do one about some kind of yard sale or something like that? I liked that one better.

• Members

I think I understand why this song kind of fired you up, Thrustin. While it's certainly got a slightly goofy, off-the-cuff feel to it similar to many of your other tracks, the lyrics have a bit more focus and coherence here. (Not much on their mind, beyond the obvious, perhaps, but that's a big swath of rock and/or roll, for you.)

Now... even while I sort of liked the if you wanna hook up / keep on wearin' those pumps and if you let me hit it / I'll never forget it lines, I have to point out that there are an ever growing number of folks out there who will probably hit the skip button as soon as they hear some of this song's more well-worn phrases like the dreaded rock your world. I'm pretty sure the prhase rock your world is pretty much at the zenith of its patent uncoolness. And while I understand that much of your approach is built around the notion of sticking to your own apparent cultural guns, defying trends and putative hipness, still... that phrase. :facepalm:

:D

Anyway, some good work, more than a couple chuckles, and your stubborn anti-trendiness is certainly admirable on a few levels. ;)

EDIT: looking above I see that I probably was on the money in my first paragraph about the better focus and coherence being part of why you feel good about this song. Maybe I am starting to get on your wavelength. :D

• Members

The yard sale song's lyrics made very little sense. Be My Baby is much more cohesive. It has a driving beat, straighforward music and a clear message.
:lol:

I totally agree - But that's why I like the yard sale song. Left me wondering. It was really original too. This is certainly catchy. But it's kinda, I don't know, bald. I like the hooks. But some of the lyrics - I couldn't tell if you were trying to make a genuine 80s party song, or making a parody of one.

• Members

[...] I couldn't tell if you were trying to make a genuine 80s party song, or making a parody of one.

That's what I was thinking all through the 80s. :D

I just want to give Thrustin a pat on the back for pushing his envelope and moving to tighten his control of his craft.

Keep up the good work!

• Members

I facepalmed myself when I first sang "Rock your World".:lol: It actually hurt to sing it the first few times, but I got used to it. It is about as uncool as a lyric line could be.

I find it really hard to be serious in any "traditional" sense. I generally write stuff that makes me laugh. If you end up wondering what the hell I'm doing, but find yourself chuckling, then I have succeeded.

• Members

Totally 80s. The hit it and you won't forget it won't have to admit it is pretty funny.

How about....romance.....lance?

I missed this tune.....I need to be more attentive. Now that I think about it, I missed most of the 80's.

Is this what the 80's was all about.......drums, bass and hot guitar licks (definitely was diggin' the break in this one!!)?

Where's my Delorean?

Archived