Anybody heard of Bogan Amps?

Slunderfungus

• Members

15x4qo1.jpg

Lulz. :lol::lol:

Yeah Bogen is a company that made PA amps. Lots of people convert them into guitar amps. Trace at Voodoo is one guy who does this. If it's an un-modded Bogen PA head, it might be cool to pick up for that price so you can mod it yourself.

• Members

The ad had it spelled as BogAn instead of BogEn so sorry for my ignorance on the spelling. I'm going to call the guy tonight and talkto him. I might offer him $50 because its been listed for a few weeks now. It started out as $120, then the following week he knocked it down to $75. What tube types can it be converted to run?

• Members

Their little tube amps are good. I've got a CHB-10A, and it's great for adding some tube tone to whatever you put in front of it.

This is what I have too.....someone modded it to be more like a Marshall though.......great sounding little amp.

For $75.....I'd hit it.....as long as it's already been converted for guitar use

• Members

The ad had it spelled as BogAn instead of BogEn so sorry for my ignorance on the spelling. I'm going to call the guy tonight and talkto him. I might offer him $50 because its been listed for a few weeks now. It started out as $120, then the following week he knocked it down to $75. What tube types can it be converted to run?

I found the ad you're talking about. It looks like it's just the chassis. I can't tell what kind of tubes, but it looks like it's a quad of possibly 6L6's if this is a 100 watt amp. Also looks like 3 12AX7's on there. Typically you wouldn't convert these to use different tubes unless you want to change the transformers out. Instead, it would be best to leave the tubes as they are and modify the preamp circuitry. If I were you, I wouldn't lowball the guy any more. $75 sound like it is a good deal for this if it is in fact a 100 watt amp (I'm assuming from the model number).

Archived